Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Lost phone :(

I got my samsung glalaxy note 4 on march 30 2015 , and i lost my phone today that is march 31st 2015 in west edmonton mall. so the person who took it has switched it off. so i saw it in previous posts to cancel my service temporary. and i was wondering if i buy a new phone with koodo do i gett a discount ? i paid 650$ with minimum tab. i was wondering whats the discount, I will appreciate anyones answer.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
You'll have to buy out your old Tab and then buy a new Note 4 again, unfortunately. It sucks having a device stolen. Maybe customer service can offer you some type of Tab credit (it's worth a shot) and then use Tab M to lessen the cost of the phone in store for the replacement but that's about it. Phone retail prices are pretty much fixed.
Jonathan I wrote:

You'll have to buy out your old Tab and then buy a new Note 4 again, unfortunately. It sucks havi...

alright man. sounds good i will check,
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You lost your phone after one day??? Yikes, what a horrible experience 😞 Unfortunately a lost phone is not covered by Koodo or the manufacturer, so you won't be getting a discount on a new phone I'm afraid. You should check and see if your household insurance will cover it.
Sophia wrote:

You lost your phone after one day??? Yikes, what a horrible experience 😞 Unfortunately a lost ph...

some people did say that you get a discount idk i have to check it. thanks anyways,
Userlevel 1
Sophia wrote:

You lost your phone after one day??? Yikes, what a horrible experience 😞 Unfortunately a lost ph...

I think what they mean was if you log into SS and report it lost, you can also change your rate plan to seasonal hold. With seasonal hold, you pay $15 a month instead of your current rate plan price.