Koodo Community
Solved

local area code but long-distance call in local area?

• 28 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi,

My landlord tried to connect the intercom to my mobile phone but the problem is that even though I have a local area code it is treated as a long distance call and therefore cannot connect. The building manager told us that this problem has occurred in the past with Telus customers. 

How can that issue be solved, why is this a long distance call?

Regards,

icon

Best answer by Goran 28 October 2020, 19:25

Depending on where you reside, the entire area code is not automatically a local number. I thought that was mostly done away with but I guess not by now.

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Depending on where you reside, the entire area code is not automatically a local number. I thought that was mostly done away with but I guess not by now.

Her, thanks!

That seems to be the case. 

Only remedy is change in numbers apparently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Her, thanks!

That seems to be the case. 

Only remedy is change in numbers apparently.

Are you sure your number is a local number?  If you dont want to change your number you could always just not hook up the intercom.  Just instruct visitors to call/text you.