Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Loblaws employee discount


I'm a student who works for Loblaws and there are a bunch of signs around the employee lounge that state if you're with koodo we can get a 25% discount off your bill. I went to to the mobile shop kiosk to to ask about it and they told me that we could try and submit the discount for me but since I'm not 18 yet, koodo would most likely deny it. To me this does not make sense. obviously since I'm not 18 my dad had had to put the phone in his name! I I think this isn't fair and should be seriously looked at because it doesn't really make sense if I can prove this is my phone and work for Loblaws.

37 replies

If you aren't old enough to sign a contract, then you aren't eligible to receive the other benefits that would come from having an employee account. Even with an employee account, you are still subject to a credit check, which cannot be done if you are not age of majority.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If you aren't old enough to sign a contract, then you aren't eligible to receive the other benefi...

So if I'm not the age of majority how did I get get a phone in he first place?
Userlevel 1
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If you aren't old enough to sign a contract, then you aren't eligible to receive the other benefi...

Someone must not have been paying attention, the account is in someone else's name or the initial form was falsified. Nothing against you at all. I mean no offense by this. Just stating possible scenerios.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If you aren't old enough to sign a contract, then you aren't eligible to receive the other benefi...

I ready it a little bit different... didn't you say the phone is in your Dad's name? Since your Dad does not work for Loblaws, he does not qualify for the discount... as simple as that 🙂 The fact that you're the one using the phone doesn't mean anything in this case... just make sure you still work for them by the time you turn 18 (or 19, if that is the legal age where you are). Then you can get the account in your name and apply for the discount! 😃
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If you aren't old enough to sign a contract, then you aren't eligible to receive the other benefi...

This doesn't add up. AT ALL. First you complain about not being able to get a phone because of your age, then you state that your dad put the phone in your name, now you're asking how you got a phone in your name? Get your story straight, because you're clearly making things up. None of this makes any sense.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If you aren't old enough to sign a contract, then you aren't eligible to receive the other benefi...

learn how to read.
Marcus Fenix wrote:

If you aren't old enough to sign a contract, then you aren't eligible to receive the other benefi...

Learn how to type your situation correctly so you aren't making us confused.
Userlevel 7
Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she must work for Lobalws. It doesn't matter who ends up using the phone. Sorry for that misunderstanding! Our of curiosity, Rachel, which Loblaws do you work at?
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

I work at the superstore. word of advice, make your signs more clear. Half of our staff is made up of high school students with by by the way if anyone needs the discount it's us. We get paid $9.60, are supposed to go to university and now expected to pay at least a $70/month if we want a half decent phone+plan. Oh and on top of that to get a phone in my name once I I do turn 18 it's an extra charge of $25. Nice.
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

Lol, Jonathan, you truly have customer service skills.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

It's not a matter of signs not being clear, it is a matter of law that no one under the age of majority in each province can get a service such as mobility in their own name. That $25 fee applies to anyone that transfers an account into someone else's name. That is a transfer of ownership. Perhaps asking the person in charge of the employee discounts would have been the best bet instead of coming on here blaming someone else since they are the ones that set you up on it. It's no fault of Koodo, Superstore, or Loblaws why this situation happened. Want to be an adult? Take some responsibility, point the blame finger somewhere else, and use some logic. Does you dad work for Superstore/Loblaws? By the sounds of this, no. Therefor you cannot get the discount. Out of that technicality, you are not with Koodo...your dad is. Counterpoint! My apologies to everyone else here but I am just about at my wits end...coming on here, seeing other companies and people get blamed for the individual's misunderstanding
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

I did talk to the koodo employee discount representative and she told me to post it here because I had a good point. Now let's hear your response
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

What point? You present a conflicting story. You aren't of legal age to have a phone in your name nor are you eligible to have the discounts that go along with that for an employee account. It's as simple as that. Maybe you can take the time to comprehend that.
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

The point you had is invaild since YOU are the employee, and underage one at that, and your dad is NOT an employee. THEREFOR, you are unable to get the discount until the account is under YOUR name. Simple as that. Next!
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

I don't get why this person who told you to come here to ask didn't figure it out themself. It's not rocket science...
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

It was an idea I posted not a question so your opinion wasn't needed "starfox"
Userlevel 1
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

Sorry to burst your bubble there, sweetheart, but that won't change the fact that you are a minor with a Koodo account in someone else's name who DOES NOT work for Loblaws. I don't know how much clearer I can be on this. It's simple logic. I'll give my opinion whether it's needed or not, thank you very much. I reread your original post and I'm still trying to wrap my head around why you think the situation doesn't make sense. If I had a paint program, I would draw you a picture because it seems simple text isn't doing the job...
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

So you want Koodo to break the law just so you can have a phone in your name? Alright then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

I take it your idea is for Lablaws to put up better signs 🙂 Because anything else is simply impossible and probably will be for a long time to come. The only option left for you, I'm afraid, is to pursue a career in law or politics and see if you can change the rules for future generations 😃
Jonathan I wrote:

Sophia's pretty much got it. Only the account holder can be eligible for the discount and he/she ...

Even if her idea is regarding Loblaws, she would need to speak directly to them. Koodo has no bearing on what a 3rd party retailer does with their signs. This thread is pretty ridiculous quite frankly.
I think it is a matter of experience. It is implied that any special deals are to the account holder only.
Userlevel 1
Rachel, you and your father could try going to Koodo and ask them to put the phone in your name and use your father as the co-signer for the debt.
Userlevel 4
Moto G wrote:

Rachel, you and your father could try going to Koodo and ask them to put the phone in your name a...

Unfortunately, Stephen, that will not work. In order to get the account in her name, she has to be at least 18 or 19 depending what province she is in. There is no such thing as a co-sign for Koodo's service.
Userlevel 1
Moto G wrote:

Rachel, you and your father could try going to Koodo and ask them to put the phone in your name a...

In Canada adult starts at 18. You can vote and get married, can't celebrate any of it with alcohol.
Userlevel 4
Moto G wrote:

Rachel, you and your father could try going to Koodo and ask them to put the phone in your name a...

Age of majority is different depending what province. Commonly it is 18 but there are some that are 19

Reply