Koodo Community

LG Velvet 5G Second Screen (Case)

• 13 August 2020
  • 9 replies

Is Koodo going to sell the second screen for the LG Velvet 5G?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unless its part of the package, dont expect it. I doubt it would have been any cheaper than buying from LG Canada directly or from some other retailer.

Userlevel 1

LG Canada won’t be selling it, at least, that’s what their people on Facebook told me.  Insane, right?  They don’t intend to sell one of the best attributes of the phone here in Canada.  There are people selling it on Ebay …. one listing shows it as costing around $360 CAD, shipped from South Korea.  I am still considering it

Found ATT.com in US is selling at $199 USD free shipping in USA, just need to find a way to get across the closed border…  I am having a friend ship it up.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Found ATT.com in US is selling at $199 USD free shipping in USA, just need to find a way to get across the closed border…  I am having a friend ship it up.  

If you friend is shipping it to you, you wont need to cross the border

I am extremely disappointed that Koodo isn't selling the second screen case, seems like one of its best features, it would help sell more of them.  Oh well.  thanks all.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am extremely disappointed that Koodo isn't selling the second screen case, seems like one of its best features, it would help sell more of them.  Oh well.  thanks all.  

From the sounds of it, it is a LG canada disappointment.  Koodo cant sell if if LG Canada doesnt make it available.

After hunting on USA Mobile websites, it appears it is an ATT exclusive in North America, could be wrong but can't find it on any other cell services other than ATT.  

Ok emailed LG and received the following.  

Thank you for reaching out to LG. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. 

With regards to your concern, the dual screen for LG Velvet is only available in the US. We don't yet have any information if LG Canada will launch it here. We hope for your understanding. Should you have other concern and inquiries, please contact our Live Chat Support for further assistance: https://www.lg.com/ca_en/support/contactus 

Thank you for choosing LG Electronics. 

Best Regards, 
LG Canada Email Support 

Userlevel 1

Well, my dual screen case arrived from Korea a few days ago and now I’m even more perplexed as to why LG Canada won’t sell it here.  It’s brilliant, and can totally transform the way you use your phone.  It’s a little bulky but I love it!