Koodo Community
Question

LG G3. I saw $50 bonus promotion sign but couldn't receive anything

I opened 2 new accounts last weekend. I saw $50 bonus promotion sign but couldn't receive anything. Koodo staff said if you wanted get $50 bonus.gift, you should buy our whole packages such as cellphone cases, SD memory cards and protection films. I asked that price. That was $100. I had to pay $50+$5.60(sim card fee+taxes). I didn't need that packages. I asked again. He answered unless you paid $55.60, you would get nothing. I gave it up. just got phones. was that normal?? I think mislead consumers with a sales gimmick. Let me know about it.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The accessories were the bonus.gift so I don't know why you wouldn't have taken the $50 in accessories. It doesn't say anything about it being cash or a.gift card or anything, it just says $50 bonus.gift. I think there was a miscommunication on what was being said or the sales person didn't know what they were doing if they said you only get it if you buy a bunch of accessories.
The accessories were the bonus.gift so I don't know why you wouldn't have taken the $50 in access...I didn't request any cash. just wanted to use under $50. I asked about it several times but he answered the same thing. After that, he offered another deal. that was chose 2 items with $50 bonus. I rejected the offer. I wanted to select 1 item under $50. koodo staff refused that. he didn't give anything and he just gave me agreement and Phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The accessories were the bonus.gift so I don't know why you wouldn't have taken the $50 in access...Oh so you didn't want any of the accessories that were part of the bonus offer, well not sure what the problem was if you wanted an accessory that isn't offered as part of the bonus offer and they told you that the item you wanted wasn't available as part of the offer. In that case there's nothing that can be done unfortunately.
The accessories were the bonus.gift so I don't know why you wouldn't have taken the $50 in access...that koodo staff wanted to sell something and make a profit for himself. for sure he stole my $50 bonus. I am at a loss for words. I will make a complaint to head office.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
it says nothing about having to purchase accessories, you misunderstood or they were trying to make an upsale and screw you.

Userlevel 5
The $50 bonus.gift is an in-store credit to go towards accessories. Either it being a speaker, screen protector, case etc. If you chose something that was under $50 there would have been a balance left over that you would have been used towards another accessory, and you would have paid the difference on the second accessory, if you only chose the one accessory for under $50 the remaining balance is forfeited.
The $50 bonus.gift is an in-store credit to go towards accessories. Either it being a speaker, sc...for sure he stole my $50 bonus. I am at a loss for words. any advice??
Userlevel 5
The $50 bonus.gift is an in-store credit to go towards accessories. Either it being a speaker, sc...how many accessories did you get?
The $50 bonus.gift is an in-store credit to go towards accessories. Either it being a speaker, sc...nothing. he were trying to sell 2 item for $80. I wanted 1 item($40) but he rejected that. make sense???
Userlevel 5
The $50 bonus.gift is an in-store credit to go towards accessories. Either it being a speaker, sc...no that shouldn't have happened, we do our best to bundle up packages when we have these promo.gifts, but he/she shouldn't have denied you a case just because it was going to hurt his numbers. He should have given you the $40 case, offered you something else to attach and pay a little bit of money for it, if you didn't then you should have walked away with the case and paid $5.65 for just the sim, and the $10 leftover from the promo would have been forfeited. I would go back down to the store return it and go to a different location of a KOODO kiosk and put a complaint in with the manager.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The $50 bonus.gift is an in-store credit to go towards accessories. Either it being a speaker, sc...Wow, Yeah that's bull then and he was just trying to make the up sell and being damn pushy about it IMO. That's ridiculous jeez, well email Koodo and he will definitely get a talking to because that's just wrong unless there's something missing which I have a feeling now that it's not. Good for you following through on it and coming here Brian.
Userlevel 5
Badge +4
Hi Brian,

Could you please send us a secured email via this link: http://koo.do/11eMLdy (select Social Media)? We would like to look into this. Do not hesitate to give us some details (store location, issue, names).

Thanks!

Hi Brian,

Could you please send us a secured email via this link: [url=http://koo.do/11eMLd...
yeah!! I will
Hi Brian,

Could you please send us a secured email via this link: [url=http://koo.do/11eMLd...
I emailed the questions 4 times to Koodo. nobody answered about that. I am still waiting for answer for 5 days anyway I am very disappointed koodo's service.