Koodo Community

Community

Question

LG G3 High pitch tone with headphones

When i am listening to music with headphones in there is a high pitch tone. I went to Koodo and they said they can't send it away to be repaired unless they hear it for themselves. At this point I've had the phone for about a month and a half.  

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Does this happen with different headphones too?

Can you let them hear it for themselves?
Dennis wrote:

Yes, i bought a new pair of headphones thinking it was them but it still happens. I tried but they wanted me to provide them with a new pair so they could listen which i don't think i should have to do. Also the sound doesn't always happen which is weird. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Does wiggling it around cause it or stop it? Try twisting it a pulling it towards all 360 degrees against the wall of the port. Does it only happen listening to music? Has it happened just randomly no playing anything ?
Dennis wrote:

Well anything to do with headphone audio so audio books and whatever included. Yes, i have tried that and nothing seems to work. Sometimes the noise will start as soon as i plug in headphones and other times it starts a few seconds after playing anything. If i play audio through the phone speakers there is no noise.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Cant they use their own headphone?

Try going to another kiosk.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it a high pitched hissing?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Is it a high pitched hissing?

Kinda, ya.The pitch can change from high and really annoying to a lesser pitch but still audible.