Koodo Community
Solved

LD to USA

I have some contacts in US saved in my phonebook. What could I do to avoid calling their numbers directly from phone by mistake? I am using a third party service to call those contacts via local numbers assigned to their numbers in US. Is saving their numbers without 1 or +1 would help? I am receiving charges from the mistakes an not interested in LD Saver... Thank you in advance.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone do you have?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

What phone do you have?

I have a BB 9780
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I do the same thing. I Created direct dial shortcuts for those people and put them on my home screen in a folder. Each number has a custom label (usa / canada) if you don't travel to usa just create a folder on your homescreen containing just Canadian dial shortcuts. (assumes android)
Userlevel 7
Have you ever considered a lock?
Ahmad wrote:

You mean screen lock? I already have that in place
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Do u need to have the real numbers in the phone?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Or can you create a second contact list using groups and just hide the other grou
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Ok bb calls them categories so you could create a second list with their actual numbers. Categorize them as Usa then categorize the rest of your ckntacts as Canada and filter the view by canadian categories.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/22178/View_a_different_contact_list_60_1035547_11.jsp