Koodo Community

Lady Tabador

Userlevel 5
I was reading an idea about a female tabador - I think that whoever came up with this idea really deserves a pat on the back. Since Koodo is introducing new ideas all the time, maybe we can get a new mascot as well - not that El Tabador should be replaced, should just make him and Koodo better

6 replies

Userlevel 1
mattjs wrote:

Was never a fan of the current mascot, it just makes koodo seem kinda mickey mouse to me. It's h...

Probably the guy that selected that EL TRABADOR mascot was drinking champagne at one of Mexican resort in Accapulco, and he forgot that Koodo is canadian company... But if Koodo arranges marriage between El trabador and that amazonian Beauty .. that will be cool, men will admire her and women will still admire El trabador
Userlevel 6
mattjs wrote:

Was never a fan of the current mascot, it just makes koodo seem kinda mickey mouse to me. It's h...

The Geico gecko, the Aflac duck, and a bunch of other mascots seemed to have worked for others I doubt koodos mexican wrestler is hurting them at all. it's funny, noticable and that's what most advertisers want, don't they.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

Get over yourselves it's the same company that used to sell plans as if it was nutritional information and had people in 80's gym clothes exercising. IT's a cell phone company not a bank. They are trying to be young and hip and with it. Right on, wow man, where can I score a lid and all that hip jive you youngsters use these days, someone stop me..
Userlevel 5
mattjs wrote:

I find El Tabador very amusing and friendly however I do agree that it is hard to take Koodo seriously with that mascot. I like Telus' commercials though. Very simple yet sleek.
Userlevel 2
Was never a fan of the current mascot, it just makes koodo seem kinda mickey mouse to me. It's hard to take a company seriously that has an animated Mexican wrestler kissing your television screen.
Userlevel 2
mattjs wrote:

Agreed, Telus has always had very professional and sleek branding. The stuff they do with the animals is refreshing and fun as well. It sets a good precedent and you feel like you can take them seriously. If they threw in an animated Gambian giraffe I don't think it would have the same appeal.