Koodo Community

Koodo tries to sell you cheap accessories you don't need.

They threaten their employees job's if they don't meet a particular metric, which is to sell a particular amount of accessories with each phone. Therefore it is clear that Koodo does not have the customers best interest in mind. A principle of a business that ACTUALLY cared about their customers would always try to find the best solution for their customer. This best solution does not include low quality overpriced plastic cases. Ask a koodo employee about Average Revenue Per Handset today!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Don't think this is the right place for this
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey there John James I just have a simple question for you. What is a goal of a business nowadays? We all agree that this goal is making money right? And that no company having thus in mind gives a damn about their customers. Don't get this wrong, I'm not at all agreeing to what you're saying here, but from all those companies I find koodo do care about their customers more than any other company. This said, this is a community to seek help. Therefore, your post is totally inappropriate. You can talk with this to yours psychologist if you want to.
Userlevel 2
Interesting... A few months back I stopped by a kiosk to pickup a Curve 9320 for my father, as I had tab credits built up and since i buy my device outright, needed to use them. I was in a rush and asked the rep to put the order through asap. He asked me if I wanted a case and screen protector probably 5 times. My dad hates cases so I declined. He kept pressing and I even got a 'lecture' about how it's the best thing you can do for you phone. It was pretty uncomfortable. I finally had to tell him "look, I don't want a case, I told you that initially. I also told you I'm in a rush. The phone costs $150, if it breaks or gets damaged I'll just buy a new one. Please just finish the order so I can be on my way". I guess the poor guy just needed to hit quota. Left a bad taste in my mouth though. From now on I'll stick to online purchases when it's tab related.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Interesting... A few months back I stopped by a kiosk to pickup a Curve 9320 for my father, as...Koodo shouldn't be judged on the employees they hire. Some are good, some are not. This is why you should've reported this and to koodo and this guy would've learned his job...
Userlevel 2
Interesting... A few months back I stopped by a kiosk to pickup a Curve 9320 for my father, as...This guy was definitely over zealous, and I'm absolutely confident not every rep is like this. However, if you have a policy in place which consists of a quota for accessories and a target Average Revenue Per Headset that basically suggests you must upsell accessories to customers or fail to meet this quota, then you're opening yourself up for trouble. Also, why can't we judge Koodo based on their employees? Surely not completely, but it's a contributing factor....
Userlevel 7
Look man, I manage a Mobile Shop and we get targets from our bosses. It increases profitability and generally they're always good things for the customer if you position it correctly. Threatening your job might be a bit of a stretch but a business is there to make money. It's up to you to take care of the customer. At the same time though, if you tell me you're in a rush, I'll take care of you. I've done Tab redemptions in less than 10 minutes and didn't have try to sell the customer anything extra if I knew they weren't going to buy it.