Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo temporary number still showing up

• 13 December 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there...so we transfered our phone number to the phone after signing up with koodo. But a couple apps are still showing the koodo temp number. I tried turning off the iphone apps mentioned in other answers but it still didnt work. I took the sim card out and reinstalled and rebooted and still shows up. I called a koodo number and it says everything is fine. Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance...

icon

Best answer by rikkster 13 December 2021, 17:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you mentioned “some app”, which apps were it? After porting your number into Koodo, have you logged out of those apps? 

Also, When you made a “normal” call (not a 3rd party app) to someone using normal call, did your number show up? 

Badge +4

Have you tried signing out of and signing back in to your iMessage and FaceTime accounts?

To sign out of your iMessage account, go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID and Sign Out. Then sign back in. To sign out of your Facetime account, go to Settings > FaceTime, select your Apple ID and Sign Out. Then sign back in. It may take up to ten or fifteen seconds for each account to complete the sign-in process.

Once sign-in is complete, you should be able to see your transferred phone number in iMessage and FaceTime. You can also verify by going to Settings > Phone > My Number.

Yes we tried all the tricks on the site that was mentioned. The Koodo number shows up on the persons she calls as well..not the number that was transferred over too...I read something about caller id outbound..could this have something to do with it as it's not on her phone...I have to add that..

Thanks

Badge +4

Yes we tried all the tricks on the site that was mentioned. The Koodo number shows up on the persons she calls as well..not the number that was transferred over too...I read something about caller id outbound..could this have something to do with it as it's not on her phone...I have to add that..

Thanks

Outbound caller ID simply adds your name to calls. Without outbound caller ID, your iPhone just displays your phone number.

It sounds like your iPhone is still using the temporary phone number. To resolve this, you will have to login to your self serve account to transfer your phone number. 

1. Log into Self Serve  

2. From the Self Serve drop-down menu, select Mobile services.
  3. Next to Manage your phone number, select Manage.
  4. Select Transfer your phone number to start the transfer process by filling in the required information.

Transferring your number to Koodo

Thank you for the responses.  The number had been already moved from Telus.  I received a call from Koodo and I had to go into phone setting and under caller id change the number in there...Haven’t tried that yet but will see. I am thinking that was the issue. Will come back and verify that was it or not. 

Cheers

Badge +4

Thank you for the responses.  The number had been already moved from Telus.  I received a call from Koodo and I had to go into phone setting and under caller id change the number in there...Haven’t tried that yet but will see. I am thinking that was the issue. Will come back and verify that was it or not. 

Cheers

You’re welcome. When you go to Settings > Phone - tap My Number. Delete the number that appears there and enter your transferred phone number, then tap Save.