Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo/telus IP address blocked by cogeco for outgoing email on nexus 4 phone

Userlevel 1
My koodo nexus 4 IP address has been blocked by cogeco in ontario, has anyone else run into this problem and how do I resolve it, I am not able to send email from my phone as of today, it was working fine for the last 2 months. Any assistance would be helpful because I use the phone for my business and it is problematic that I can't send email.

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Change Outgoing server to smtp.telus.net cogeco.ca POP3 Incoming Server Name: pop.cogeco.ca Port: 110 Use Authentication: Yes Use SSL: No Outgoing Server Name: smtp.telus.net Port: 25 Use Authentication: No Use SSL: No
Dang, Mat beat me to it! I worked at Cogeco Tech Support for 2 years and I'm very familiar with this one. I'll be honest with you though, if you can stand to do so, use Gmail or Outlook email services (outlook.com, not Outlook the program) instead of your ISP's email for anything critical like a business email. Trust me, Gmail is much more reliable (I've used it for almost as long as it's been available and I haven't had ONE issue with it to date)
Userlevel 1
RedMageX wrote:

Dang, Mat beat me to it! I worked at Cogeco Tech Support for 2 years and I'm very familiar wit...

All for 1 & 1 for All, no competition!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RedMageX wrote:

Dang, Mat beat me to it! I worked at Cogeco Tech Support for 2 years and I'm very familiar wit...

I agree Gmail is much better and highly recommend it for any business, especially with its new features released last week.
Userlevel 1
I do have a gmail account, one of the business that I invoice regularly doesn't get attachments when I send them with my gmail account, I don't know why, might be on their end so I started using the cogeco account so they would get my invoices and pay me! Getting paid is good! Thanks for the help and if I still have difficulty with the cogeco account I will go back to gmail.
I am trying to set up my new Moto G (had no problems with my previous Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx). I am getting the message "can't connect to server. (554 cmta8.telus.net TELUS ESMTP server not available, your ip is blacklisted by spamhaus. Go to http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=216.121.168.101). When I go to that url, I get this message: Outbound Email Policy of Cogeco for this IP range: It is the policy of Cogeco that unauthenticated email sent from this IP address should be sent out only via the designated outbound mail server allocated to Cogeco customers. The outbound mail server for Cogeco customer use is smtp.cogeco.ca For more information on how to setup your Cogeco email see http://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/residential/support/ I go to Cogeco and follow their directions but still get the message "couldn't open connection to server" Please help
Sally Vince wrote:

I am trying to set up my new Moto G (had no problems with my previous Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx). I...

Found this in another question thread and finally, it works; I think I had tried this but hadn't capitalized the S in Smtp - didn't think such a small thing would matter: Chad Burr 8 months ago Make sure they reflect cogeco's smtp server. Smtp.cogeco.ca Port: 25 Incoming is: Pop.cogeco.ca Port:110
Sally Vince wrote:

I am trying to set up my new Moto G (had no problems with my previous Samsung Galaxy Ace IIx). I...

Did this and still doesn't work
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sally Vince wrote:

In another thread it's been mentioned that both cogeco and videotron servers regard some forwarded mail from Telus to be spam and will block it.

The suggestion was to try Outlook as your mail client since that solves the problem for some people. It will only cost you about 10 minutes of your time to see if it works in your case.