Koodo Community

Koodo tablet

I have a Koodo tablet with a SIM card with an assigned telephone number but I have never used it. My Koodo cell phone has been smashed and won't even turn on. So I wanted to put the cell phone sim in my tablet and use my tablet to make calls and text but I don't know how. If I can't do that, then I would like to know how to use the cell number on tablet for calls and messages. Any help would be much appreciated. I am sure everyone knows what it is like to have everything you need and want on your cell phone and I don't know anything now, don't remember any phone numbers, tried to access my CRA Account and the 2 step verification has my cell phone number. Got locked out of apple, almost locked out of koodo self serve. The chat assistant just kept sending me to self serve or community when I asked for a callback for when they open. So a sooner rather than later answer would be greatly appreciated. I am lost.

Lynn

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a Koodo tablet with a SIM card with an assigned telephone number but I have never used it. My Koodo cell phone has been smashed and won't even turn on. So I wanted to put the cell phone sim in my tablet and use my tablet to make calls and text but I don't know how. If I can't do that, then I would like to know how to use the cell number on tablet for calls and messages. Any help would be much appreciated. I am sure everyone knows what it is like to have everything you need and want on your cell phone and I don't know anything now, don't remember any phone numbers, tried to access my CRA Account and the 2 step verification has my cell phone number. Got locked out of apple, almost locked out of koodo self serve. The chat assistant just kept sending me to self serve or community when I asked for a callback for when they open. So a sooner rather than later answer would be greatly appreciated. I am lost.

Lynn

It entirely depends on your tablet. Some allow you to use cellular data, while others only allow you to use wifi. Without knowing which tablet you use, it is hard for us to tell you whether you can make calls or text.

It is a Huawei MediaPad T5. I have 1 GB of data monthly and I am also on my home internet. The model is AGS2-L03. If you need any other information, just let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It is a Huawei MediaPad T5. I have 1 GB of data monthly and I am also on my home internet. The model is AGS2-L03. If you need any other information, just let me know.

It seems to me you can make calls and send texts with the tablet. You can refer to the user guide for more instructions. 

I will try that. Thank you for help. I will post my results here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I will try that. Thank you for help. I will post my results here.

Before you go ahead, can you please confirm if you only have 1GB data with no minutes and unlimited incoming text messaging on your line?

Assuming you have the $30 plan, any calls you make will be at the rate of $0.70 per minute unless you include the $2 add-on for unlimited Canada-wide minutes. As for the text messages, note there will be a charge of $0.25 for every outgoing text message or MMS message sent.