Koodo Community

Community

Solved

koodo stole my galaxy phone back, blames me, tells me to buy another one from them but whoops they have none to sell. what the ?

get me a new one or my old galaxy phone back please. koodo,I thought you were ok until now.

62 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Huh? I can't make heads or tails of your story, Koodo STOLE your phone? How? When? Why? Tell me more.... I'm DYING to know 😃
koodo told me to send in my broken phone. my partner did not read that we are supposed to keep the phone back so we wrongly sent the phone with its back on. they sent us a new phone, no back, told us to go to store and buy a new one. but they don't even sell them. whoops.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ron lion wrote:

koodo told me to send in my broken phone. my partner did not read that we are supposed to keep ...

Ack! Okay that makes your story a bit different... I thought you meant they stole your whole phone back - not your phone's back... do you mean the protective case? I don't work for Koodo, but hopefully one of the employees can chime in what can be done for you 🙂 At least your story is clear now, Ron 🙂 I shouldn't tease I know 😃
ron lion wrote:

koodo told me to send in my broken phone. my partner did not read that we are supposed to keep ...

not the protective case.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your just looking to buy a replacement battery cover check ebay, you can find them there for most phones for a couple dollars. Do you mean the battery cover or a protective case?
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

If your just looking to buy a replacement battery cover check ebay, you can find them there for m...

well koodo should carry them. I am sure I am not the only one. they got them. give them back.
not the protective case.
they took my battery cover
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ron lion wrote:

Well I do agree that it sucks severely but if it's stated somewhere you can only really be mad at yourself. Trust me I've not fully understood or read things before with companies & cost myself extra cash, it sucks but if it's written somewhere your kinda stuck. Just check out online for one, it's your best bet. What kind of phone is it?
ron lion wrote:

if they take battery covers they should at least sell them
ron lion wrote:

they should at least carry what they took. I would pay for a new one. they don't have any. they should reward me for showing a fault in their service system. not ignore me.
Userlevel 1
*If* this story is accurate, it would be kind of petty if Koodo refused to return the back cover. Sounds like it was an honest mistake,
Humberto Giambrone wrote:

*If* this story is accurate, it would be kind of petty if Koodo refused to return the back cover....

I am sure it happens to many people

*If* this story is accurate, it would be kind of petty if Koodo refused to return the back cover....

I thought they had good service till now. and that is saying something in this biz

I was a walking advert for them....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It's not really them that would have taken it though it's the place they send it for repair.

if they or thier reps take backs they should at least sell them.

who would send in their phone with its back on purpose? of course its an honest mistake
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Ron, I appreciate you being upset... I'd hang in tight until a Koodo representative chimes in 🙂 We're all fellow customers but it's Koodo (or any of their employees) who would be able to tell you what they can do for you. Not sure they CAN but at least then you'll know! What phone is it, Ron? I'm surprised they'd send you back your phone without the original battery cover, doesn't make sense to me to be honest... but I have never sent in a phone for repair (lucky me I know) so I wouldn't really know!
a galaxy. thanks I ll be patient. one of the reasons i thought koodo would be a good phone company because i studied and saw they were attentive online. you users are helpful.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
ron lion wrote:

a galaxy. thanks I ll be patient. one of the reasons i thought koodo would be a good phone compa...

They want their customers happy Ron, not saying they're able to help EVERYBODY but usually they bend over backwards to accommodate 🙂
Userlevel 7
Which galaxy? Ace? S2x? While we can't speak for koodo we can show you places ton get the back cheap.
ace. I am going to give koodo a chance to fix the mess. for others too. I am sure I am not the only one.
Userlevel 7
ron lion wrote:

ace. I am going to give koodo a chance to fix the mess. for others too. I am sure I am not the o...

Hmm Koodo really didn't do anything wrong here. The instructions did say to keep your battery and back door and just send in the phone. But you can try and see. In the meantime I highly recommend trying eBay to find the missing back door.
ron lion wrote:

ace. I am going to give koodo a chance to fix the mess. for others too. I am sure I am not the o...

they should sell parts they don't return. obviously.