Koodo Community
Question

Koodo's New Contract vs the Wireless Code

• 31 August 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Koodo's new contract is not in compliance with the Wireless Code.

B.1.iii.d.ii.
Koodo's new contract does not list in a clear manner how much the total early cancellation fee is, and how much it is reduced each month. It only lists how much the Tab balance is reduced each month. It needs to include the phone credit.

B.1.iii.e.i.
Koodo's retail price is higher than the manufacturer's suggested retail price for many phones. iPhone 8 Apple $819 vs Koodo $845. Galaxy Note 10+ Samsung $1459.99 vs Koodo $1725!

C.1.iii.a.
Koodo's Critical Information Summary does not give any example as to how the early cancellation fee including the phone credit is calculated. It only shows an example for the Tab balance, which is not enough.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 Given your notoriety you have also saw the answers on RFD, several days ago, where you borrowed this topic from. The agreement is the agreement, of course folks don't have to like it and can return the phone to where they purchased it from.
Userlevel 5
@triggered123 Given your notoriety you have also saw the answers on RFD, several days ago, where you borrowed this topic from. The agreement is the agreement, of course folks don't have to like it and can return the phone to where they purchased it from.
I saw the answers on RFD? 🤣 I give the answers on RFD! I got a new contract on the first day of the change. I don't post my complaints, bugs, and loopholes all at once so that all the drama does not end in one day.

It is not about liking anything. The Wireless Code is a law that Koodo has to abide by. I'd like you to know that I was the cause that a +1 was added to TELUS' Wireless Code breach numbers a few years ago.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 Okey dokey.
Userlevel 5
@triggered123 Okey dokey.
I am pretty sure regulatory compliance is not your area of expertise anyway. From what I understand, you are in charge of customer service, the main purpose is saving money on customer service, and then making sure customers don't complain so that you can sell the bot to customers as well as the corporate overlords. Even with the Netflix throttling, you said Koodo could not find the issue, and yet a Koodo spokesperson said to a news website that they found and fixed it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 Yeah, you need to do a little more digging... to know what we, I do, or not do. Then again, I invited you a few times to our office, coffee or whatever but you are too concerned about "getting caught". Which is fine....if this is where you want to spend your time be it.

And you got the Netflix story wrong unfortunately too.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@triggered123 Yeah, you need to do a little more digging... to know what we, I do, or not do. Then again, I invited you a few times to our office, coffee or whatever but you are too concerned about "getting caught". Which is fine....if this is where you want to spend your time be it.

And you got the Netflix story wrong unfortunately too.

@triggered123, why didn't you go? You think they'll kidnap you? 😅