Koodo Community

Koodo's Current Two Screens For The Price Of One!! FALSE ADVERTISING!!

• 20 July 2020
  • 9 replies

Through TCL there is this promo stating that if you buy the TCL 10 Pro you get a free gift “  Score a free 43” TCL 4K Smart TV. “. Before you add this to your cart it says “  Order will ship in 7 business days. “ at the top of the page in your cart it states that orders can take up to 10 business days making it August 3rd but here lies the problem. “ Once your TCL 10 Pro has arrived visit http://www.tclpromo.ca and fill out the required information before 11:59PM EST on July 31, 2020. Ensure all your details are correct. “ you cannot enter said required details until you have the phone in your hand, there is zero guarantee you will be able to receive this gift koodo says you can get. Everyone that is ordering this phone and thinking they will receive a Free TV is taking a 50/50 chance of you actually getting this. Customer service just talks in circles and doesn't answer any actual questions. All i wanted to know if this was still valid and if phones actually took 10days or not.

Dennis 21 days ago

LMAO oh dennis. Yes always read it but that's besides the point. Fact it is False Advertising.

Also just wanted to add that koodo doesn't even know when TCL’s offer ends. it is very sad that most companies have dropped the ball on those whom keep them a float.  

But It’s not Koodo’s Promo.  It is TCL’s promo.

Koodo is not running the promo.  They are only letting customers know that TCL has a promo

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thats why you always need to read the fine print and be aware of the terms and conditions of any promo

LMAO oh dennis. Yes always read it but that's besides the point. Fact it is False Advertising.

Also just wanted to add that koodo doesn't even know when TCL’s offer ends. it is very sad that most companies have dropped the ball on those whom keep them a float.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

But It’s not Koodo’s Promo.  It is TCL’s promo.

Koodo is not running the promo.  They are only letting customers know that TCL has a promo

no you are right, koodo is “honoring” TCL’s promo incorrectly

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

no you are right, koodo is “honoring” TCL’s promo incorrectly

Honouring might not be what’s happening here.  Maybe they are noting the terms in correctly.  but yes, make sure you read the terms and conditions on the TCL site prior to purchasing

no i did, even had koodo call me and apparently they think this offer is from the 10th to the 16th. TCL says 10th to the 23rd.

The point i am making is the shipping. if it takes that long for shipping then why the hell does koodo still have it up. Obliviously i am one of the few that actually reads everything so repeating yourself to read terms and conditions is irrelevant.

also they are honouring TCLs promo otherwise koodo would not be offering 2 screens for the price of one. like you said it is TCL’s promo not koodo’s and koodo fucked up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

no i did, even had koodo call me and apparently they think this offer is from the 10th to the 16th. TCL says 10th to the 23rd.

The point i am making is the shipping. if it takes that long for shipping then why the hell does koodo still have it up. Obliviously i am one of the few that actually reads everything so repeating yourself to read terms and conditions is irrelevant.

also they are honouring TCLs promo otherwise koodo would not be offering 2 screens for the price of one. like you said it is TCL’s promo not koodo’s and koodo fucked up.

Shipping times are subject to change.  The onus is on the buys to be familiar with the terms and conditions.  Links are all provided by Koodo to read more about the promo

lmfao… . . . Your only repeating yourself, which didn’t help from the beginning of all of this. Don’t worry i came up with a solution on my own without koodo’s run around.

thank you for your input and responses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you come up with a solution to Koodo’s “false advertising”?