Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo phone ramdomly registering to Telus

My phone randomly switches from Koodo to Telus and when it does I cant make or receive any call until I restart the phone. Is there anything I can do to stop this ? Thanks

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's perfectly all right, Matt, you're still connected to Koodo 🙂 My phone does it all the time too, but don't worry, you won't be charged extra or any other funny behaviour 🙂 Oops oops you said you can't make/receive calls when that happens????? That IS odd... I never heard of that actually. What phone do you have? As I said it happens to me several times a week and it never affects the way the service works. You probably need to call *611 but perhaps somebody else knows...
Userlevel 7
Here's what to try, goto your network settings and instead of automatic, set it to manual. Your phone will rescan. Pick Koodo and see if that doesn't solve your issue. If not you may need to try a factory reset or even get a new sim.
Koodo is a subcompany of Telus. It perfectly alright.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter Giesbrecht wrote:

True, but it should still work 🙂 I misread it too at first!
Peter Giesbrecht wrote:

oh haha wow i didn't even see that part. sorry about that, i guess my comment was a bit irrelevant then.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Peter Giesbrecht wrote:

Don't feel bad, I did the EXACT same thing and I edited my comment before you even saw it 🙂 Welcome to the Koodo community, Peter 🙂
Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 X. When it says Telus if you try to make a call it says it cant connect to the network.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Matt McAllister wrote:

Its a Samsung Galaxy S2 X. When it says Telus if you try to make a call it says it cant conne...

You can try Chad's suggestion first ( set your network settings to manual), or get a new sim card. If it's not working, you can call Koodo as Sophia suggested 🙂