Koodo Community

Koodo needs to carry some quality accessories for the phones they sell

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've bought a few phones from Koodo & like with every phone I purchase I like to purchase some protection for it right at the time of purchase. Well Koodo has one type of case which is just a simple TPU case in a few different colors & one generic one size fits all screen protector that is impossible to cut perfect & is made of a thick hard plastic. Koodo needs to carry 1 or 2 medium quality cases for each model they carry & a quality precut device specific screen protector for each device. I suggest the iShieldz screen protectors, which are definitely the best quality screen protector on the market & only retail for $20 & are really worth the price. It would help prevent customers from becoming angry at Koodo because their brand new phone got damaged (screen cracked) We all know it's not Koodo's fault but we've all seen the ppl who think that it's Koodo's responsibility when their device gets damaged & needs to be repaired & they didn't know that physical damage isn't covered under warranty. A quality case a level above TPU cases (which are mainly to prevent scratches) & an iShieldz screen protector which is made from military grade material makes a device about 80% less vulnerable to damage needing repairs. It would lessen these complaints that ppl pin on the provider spreading a bad view of the company (even though it's not Koodo's fault at all it still gets them spreading generic comments, like Koodo Sucks. It would also be another area for the company to make money since customers wouldn't have to go to another provider to purchase these items right after buying the device from Koodo(which is what I have done every time) If you'd like to see Koodo get better quality cases & screen protectors let them know by +1 this idea 🙂 - KID ANDROID (Team Android Canada)

This topic has been closed for comments

17 replies

Userlevel 6
Agreed. It would make things simpler if they did have more accessories available. Especially some...I believe you 100% Kid, but $20 for a single protector is a little steep imho. Not that I doubt their quality, but it seems I'm that cheap :oP
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Agreed. It would make things simpler if they did have more accessories available. Especially some...I'm telling you try the iShieldz ones they come out bubble free every time if you spray the spray that comes with it a fair bit and let it dry good before you use it. They're awesome & the material it's made bout of is top notch.
Userlevel 6
Agreed. It would make things simpler if they did have more accessories available. Especially some...They do, but they'll sell you an overpriced Zagg InvisibleShield, and then charge you more for the privilege of having them install it. Installing our own screen protectors perfectly is frustrating at first, but you can get better at it in no time. Check out the many available videos on YouTube which give out every detail you need to know. The first time you try, order a 10 pack on eBay. The second time, you can get away with a 6 pack. When you're good at it, you'll be alright with a 2 pack in case you screw up the first time. Try it! It's cheap enough!
Userlevel 1
Agreed. It would make things simpler if they did have more accessories available. Especially something other than the generic screen protectors, though the place I bought my phone didn't even have that. I did get the gel case they sold as I wanted some protection on the phone immediately. And yes, as I have found, applying a perfect, bubble-free screen protector is extremely frustrating. I didn't know that BB/FS could install a screen protector for a fee. Bubbly free, I hope. Thanks for that tip!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I guess it wouldn't hurt to expand the accessory lineup, I mean, it's always better to have more ...Ya but some of Koodo's lineup isn't available at other providers & I hate having to go from place to place tracking down a case & having them usually sold out and then I don't end up using my phone for awhile while I wait to find a case. It would be much more convenient.
Userlevel 2
I guess it wouldn't hurt to expand the accessory lineup, I mean, it's always better to have more choices. At the same point in time though, their certainly isn't a shortage of stores selling phone accessories, so it's not really too difficult to just go to the next store/both in the mall and find something that's suitable.
Userlevel 6
Applying perfect, bubble-free screen protectors can be frustrating for your regular, average phon...I wasn't aware of that, although I can see the math there. Less and smaller packaging = more devices shipped. And they're kind of right, you know, people most of the time have left over cables and chargers from their past phones, as long as they're microUSB. In the end, it just produces more waste. What is shameful, though, is that it likely won't end up as savings and lower prices for their subscribers. O2, like very mobile carrier, is motivated by greed and maximum profit for their shareholders.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Applying perfect, bubble-free screen protectors can be frustrating for your regular, average phon...Thanks man, I don't like the matt me finish though. Speaking of cables did you hear that carrier O2 is trying to get company's to stop shipping devices with changers at all because they think ppl don't use them anymore & everyone should use wireless chargers. That and that they can ship more devices for cheaper because they can fit more phones in a shipment. It's ridiculous
Userlevel 6
Applying perfect, bubble-free screen protectors can be frustrating for your regular, average phon...Yup! Although I usually get my USB cables through Monoprice. When I order HDMI cables or stuff like that, I usually pop in a couple of spare USB cables just in case. This way, I'm never shorthanded with a broken cable, and I have spares to help out friends/family with broken cables. Did I say broken cables...?
Userlevel 2
Applying perfect, bubble-free screen protectors can be frustrating for your regular, average phon...I do this stuff all the time, buy a 10 pack of micro USB cables or screen protectors or earbuds for like $6 on ebay with free shipping from hong kong. Can't go wrong for the price.
Userlevel 6
Applying perfect, bubble-free screen protectors can be frustrating for your regular, average phon...Here you go Kid Android! http://www.ebay.ca/itm/10X-Matte-Anti-Glare-Screen-Protector-For-Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-I9250-Prime-4G-US-/170794122799?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27c41f7e2f&_uhb=1#ht_2300wt_1163 $3.99 buys you a pack of 10X screen protectors (I gave example of my Galaxy Nexus). Free S&H.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Applying perfect, bubble-free screen protectors can be frustrating for your regular, average phon...The iShieldz ones are simple to put on and come out perfect every time. Just spray the liquid that comes with it so you can slide it into place if a little adjustment is needed. squeegee out the larger bubbles if you didn't get it right off the bat and let dry. Don't push hard squeegeeing & it comes out perfect once dry. They last for ages before they scratch up enough to want a new one, I usuallu use them for 6-12 months. What kind of screen protectors donyou get pre cut for your specific device for $3 for 10 man?
Userlevel 6
Applying perfect, bubble-free screen protectors can be frustrating for your regular, average phone buyer who stopped by in the mall. I can see people going back home and swearing with anger trying to apply it decently. Which brings us to the option that maybe Koodo employees could install it, much like FS/BB offers (for a fee) when you buy a Zagg shield from them. But then, the kiosk reps would need to have some experience installing them as well... But hey, Koodo's phone selection is not as large as others, so they would not need to carry as many different ones, it might be doable. I usually buy my protectors on eBay, a pack of 10, pre-cut, for $3 shipped is hard to beat, hehe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
koodo has otter boxes which are hard cases over a soft gel just like you describe.Koodo kiosks have otter boxes? or do you mean mobile shops that sell koodo?
koodo has otter boxes which are hard cases over a soft gel just like you describe.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
or this. Just something that protects against drops a little better

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Something like these 2 piece cases with a soft rubber inner layer and a outer piece that clips over and protects it from drops. This is a great case and retails for $25 - $30 which is well worth it. koodo should look into these. And these screen protectors