Koodo Community
Question

koodo is blocking sms messages from paypal and there's no way to get in touch with them. wow koodo is garbage. cant wait to drop them

• 28 September 2019
  • 10 replies

koodo is blocking sms messages from paypal and there's no way to get in touch with them. wow koodo is garbage. cant wait to drop them

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How did you know Koodo was blocking SMS from paypal? did you check if paypal actually sent you or/and there was no SMS block in your sms app?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ive received paypal notifications on my koodo device so not sure why you think yours are being blocked by koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you just sign up for an account? For some crazy reason it takes a while (weeks) to be able to receive messages from certain services. It'll settle eventually...

I have the same issue. I called Paypal after not receiving my SMS with verification code. They said I have to call Koodo to unblock their SMS aswell. Anyone have this issue resolve?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have the same issue. I called Paypal after not receiving my SMS with verification code. They said I have to call Koodo to unblock their SMS aswell. Anyone have this issue resolve?

Check if you accidentally blocked PayPal number in your phone. Btw, what number is the PayPal number? 

Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked my iphone (settings>Phone>Blocked). I confirmed there are no numbers blocked. I’m not sure what the Paypal number because I’m not receiving them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the suggestion. Just checked my iphone (settings>Phone>Blocked). I confirmed there are no numbers blocked. I’m not sure what the Paypal number because I’m not receiving them. 

I rechecked my paypal account. Their number is 729725. It worked fine for me (see the snapshot).  I don't think koodo blocked it. 

Thanks for confirming that you can receive paypal SMS. The issue seems to be on Paypals side. Interesting. Not sure my next steps as Paypal said either I contact koodo to unblock or i delete my existing account and create a new one. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for confirming that you can receive paypal SMS. The issue seems to be on Paypals side. Interesting. Not sure my next steps as Paypal said either I contact koodo to unblock or i delete my existing account and create a new one. 

I would try to double check the number again (you could try to add +1 in front of the numer or try a different number in your account and see if it goes through). You could also try to restart the phone (just in case)…

Similar issue. I called Paypal after not receiving my SMS with verification code. They said I have to call my provider (Koodo) to unblock their SMS.