Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Koodo Home Phone

I got a flyer yesterday from Virgin Mobile on their home phone service and it looks quite attractive.  I'm actually in the market to switch (from an ultra expensive landline, ugh) to a new provider.  Does anyone know if Koodo will be offering the home phone service in BC soon?  What will the quality be like?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'm testing it for Koodo in BC and it's PERFECT, absolutely no regrets! I don't know when it will be available officially though, I hope soon because many of our neighbors and friends are anxious to sign up!
Thanks!! I do hope it's soon though.  I was so tempted to sign on to Virgin Mobile - the monthly charge is less than 50% of what I'm currently paying....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HC wrote:

Thanks!! I do hope it's soon though.  I was so tempted to sign on to Virgin Mobile - the mon...

Virgin sure is tempting too. I like the fact they offer unlimited USA with their $20 plan, with Koodo you pay $3 for the add-on plus $0.05/minute extra.

Koodo has this current offer of $5 for the first year though, which is great too.

I don't think you can go wrong with either... if you have cell service around your house, I don't think you'll ever regret making the move. The quality is actually better than our previous landline! And of course our phone bill is still thanking us every single day...
HC wrote:

Thanks!! I do hope it's soon though.  I was so tempted to sign on to Virgin Mobile - the mon...

That sounds really awesome.  I wish Koodo would release an official availability date though.  I think the $5 promo offer is only available in certain provinces (not BC for sure).
Userlevel 1
HC wrote:

Hi HC,

It is currently only available in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, and Atlantic provinces.

For more details https://www.koodomobile.com/wireless-home-phone .

If you have any other inquiry, feel free to ask ! 
HC wrote:

Yes, I see it.  Any idea when it might be available in BC?
Userlevel 6
HC wrote:

We don't really have that information.  You can always stay tuned by checking on our website http://koo.do/1GmQStT from time to time.  Thanks!
HC wrote:

Hi, is this a contract?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
HC wrote:

No, definitely not Monika. You can cancel any time.