Koodo Community
Solved

“KOODO DEALS” calls and hangs up

• 11 August 2020
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey there,

I got a phone call 3 times over the past couple weeks from a call display called “KOODO DEALS” and I’ve answered each time and said hello but then it hangs up. No person on the other end of it. Is it spam or is it really koodo and they’re having some problems? I’d like to hear about deals if it is real.

thanks,

amanda

icon

Best answer by Bernard Koodo 11 August 2020, 15:25

@Amanda The call was indeed from us. From time to time we do reach out to share an offer with you. Not sure why the connection didn’t go through. If you call that 866 number you will hear the call indeed came from Koodo and a rep is also available to tell you what the offer may have been. 

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm guessing it's not legit as Koodo should not be having issues with contacting you. 

Userlevel 2

I presumed so. Wondering if anyone else is having the same spam calls

Userlevel 2

I guess the third one was far enough before August 5th that it’s out of recents 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Amanda The call was indeed from us. From time to time we do reach out to share an offer with you. Not sure why the connection didn’t go through. If you call that 866 number you will hear the call indeed came from Koodo and a rep is also available to tell you what the offer may have been. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is what I found:

https://www.telguarder.com/ca/number/0018664488030

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Based on the online reports, do you think that there's an issue preventing people from connecting? Can SMS be sent instead asking people to follow a link and schedule a callback, similar to the Virtual Assistant? 

Userlevel 6

Anyone that phones me with an offer I automatically assume they are a scammer. Sorry but there is too much of that going on now a days and I really think Koodo should find a better way to connect with clients.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Philosoraptor  There shouldn’t be an issue at all as we see people able to connect.  We do send SMS as well.

I got 2-such calls and hang up from Koodo end. I was sad that I missed both calls. Usually Koodo is good giving deals you couldn’t refuse. Koodo has been good to me and have been with them 7-8 years!

Hope they would send me sms with a great deal. Hopefully a second line with same I have and take over Bell commitment left 4-months… can’t wait!
koodo I hope you read this!!

is 18664488030 a Koodo number ? SCAM FRAUD ALERT Database Security Breach Compromised Clients Phished Tablet Offert ( Week later of the Black Friday 23 November 2020 )

Hellow ! Today, Friday  4 December 2020,  around 5:49pm in the afternoon, I receive a phone call  ( from the same telephone number that has been callingme in 3 weeks now. . .  18664488030m s Today I decide to answer and check why Koodo was calling me with so Persistent and inqusitive maner )

REPORT :

I just received a called from the number 1 866 448 8030 with the caller ID displaying “ KOODO “,

The Greetings with the Pre-Recorded Koodo Male Message, make me wait few seconds then  . . . 

The Person that answered was a Male,  that he said his name was : BRIAN  with an English heavy accent Indian and my First Though  was . . .

-==((

Oh ! . . .  well !!  . . .one more call, -- that is not Filtered by Koodo, like other Phone Service Provider does -- from those indian - Pakistani  - Middle Easterns,  fraudsters looting money from naive people . . . !! 

))==-

“ Brian’,  ( A fake Name of the Scammer, that said he was a KooDo Representative ) told me that because my loyalty to Koodo, I was selected to have a Promotional Tablet $10 month x 24 Months,  but He needed to verify my identity  and information.

He knew my Name and my Surname and were able to tell me the phone Brand Name and model I had have.

He asked me a few question that didn’t concern me too much, but the last question they asked was for the 4-6 character pin to identify me as Koodo Customer,  . . .   Numbers that I set when I signed up for Koodo and Numbers that I am Constantly Changing for Security Resons..

I told him I would like to verify the phone number they were calling me from was legitimate before I told them that.

I ask him to send me to my Email Address what is the offert about this Tablet  . . . He  askme for my Email Address or he Can SEND ME A TXT MESSAGE TO MY PHONE NUMBER that he already knows because HE was the one who call me in the First Place  !! 

He said he would confirm the order that was on “reviewing” status up to that point.

. . .  But I haven’t yet received another email from koodo about today Transaccion  or Agreement .

I asked him to talk with his SuperVisor . . . He, ( Brian ) put me in Hold and . .  Minutes Later  a woman, said her name was . . . SITA !! ( Sitha ) and again another one with that English, Heavy Accent Hindi or Pakistani origin. . .  Sita was not able to send an email to my Email Address !! But she send me to KoodoMobile.com and . . . Hang up on me !

After the phone call I looked a little deeper into the phone number, and there are myriad anecdotes some claiming it is koodo, but many claiming it is used by scammers claiming to be koodo and corroborating my fears. 

I can’t find that Telephone is reported directly by Koodo anywhere in the Koodo's Website.

I’m hoping to hear others weigh in, especially Koodo Reps, on whether this phone number are procedure are legitimate or not  . . .  and if not . . .  What my recourse is ?

CAN YOU SEND ME THE OFFERT TO MY E-MAIL ADDRES ? That you know and has access to know it if . . . you are Real KooDo Rep. Because YES ! I want a Tablet . . . Samsung . . . But I will Confirm if You Give to me a Number of Transacction or Offert's Number, when I can visit and pick-up a Koodo at any Mall in my City. . . 

TELGUARD said  . .  . 3,467 persons Reported as SCAM, FRAUD  . . . FAKE Koodo . .  Maybe Someone Real Rep from Koodo can tell us if   . . . Bernard . . .  that said is a phone number that belongs to Koodo . . . We need 2 Persons that Confirm this . . .  is real from Koodo !!

Thanks!

Maybe they need to work on their CSR? The problem that hasn’t been addressed is the fact that these calls keep being dropped on Koodo’s end.

I called back (after confirming the number) and was connected to a CSR who went through his spiel, and then put me on hold after confirming my identity while he “checked to see what he could offer”. 5 minutes into the call it was dropped on his end while I was still on hold.

I can only assume he looked up my account and decided that I wouldn’t be interested in any of the offers he had in front of him so he just dropped the call to move on to another potential sale without bothering to get back to me.

Hardly good CSR.