Koodo Community
Question

Koodo "Customer Service"

• 2 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Is there some secret to speaking with a rep at Koodo? I’m ready to do a cancellation payout and switch companies. All they do is push that stupid AI that is COMPLETELY EFFN USELESS. When you call the 1800# you jump through hoops until eventually it just says “Goodbye” and hangs up. I need my phone for work and just spent an hour of my work day trying to call their stupid customer service line (which I can’t call from my mobile or text back the idiot AI) and getting hung up on 7 or 8 times, or sometimes the automated menu just STOPS working. I thought Telus had bad customer service but this is absolutely atrocious. Has anyone EVER been successful getting through to an agent? Am I wasting my time trying to call? I’m guessing I can go to a Koodo dealer to cancel - may as well waste more of my day on this garbage. 

Oh, and it’s not just the outage today because I’ve called a couple times since I’ve been a customer and have never been successful getting a human on the phone.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You should have received a text after the call ends to go to Koodo Assist. From there if it can't help you, you should be prompted to schedule a callback.

Is there anything that we can help you out with here though?

I would like to know that too. No phone number to be found anywhere

Userlevel 2

Re Speaking with human service rep at Koodo is a ‘Hit or Miss’.

I get your frustrations.

It took me an hour plus of both waiting for a call back after “chatting” with the online Bot to chat with an out of country client rep yesterday. The issue is still unresolved.

Today, my call to client services was answered by a recording, and the line dropped soon as the recording ended.

Consider Porting your phone service to another carrier (could happen immediately), and deal with the final bill after the fact. Make sure to screenshot your current account information, Tab balance, etc., as backup before switching over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Is there some secret to speaking with a rep at Koodo? I’m ready to do a cancellation payout and switch companies. All they do is push that stupid AI that is COMPLETELY EFFN USELESS. When you call the 1800# you jump through hoops until eventually it just says “Goodbye” and hangs up. I need my phone for work and just spent an hour of my work day trying to call their stupid customer service line (which I can’t call from my mobile or text back the idiot AI) and getting hung up on 7 or 8 times, or sometimes the automated menu just STOPS working. I thought Telus had bad customer service but this is absolutely atrocious. Has anyone EVER been successful getting through to an agent? Am I wasting my time trying to call? I’m guessing I can go to a Koodo dealer to cancel - may as well waste more of my day on this garbage. 

Oh, and it’s not just the outage today because I’ve called a couple times since I’ve been a customer and have never been successful getting a human on the phone.

For future reference, if you are having issues scheduling a callback through Koodo Assist, you can also send a message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter. https://m.me/Koodo