Koodo Community
Solved

Koodo Calls

• 20 July 2020
  • 5 replies

Is there a way for someone to confirm that this number ‭+1 (866) 448-8030‬ is in fact a koodo number? It contacted me with the caller ID “koodo” and I picked up and gave them my pin # without thinking. They also knew my name. The entire call sounded very real, similar to when I call koodo. The guy on the other end said his name was Mayunk. The call also said it was a promotional call for koodo users, and when I asked him further questions he said he was part of the koodo marketing team. I hung up the call quickly after giving my pin and changed my pin # a few days after the call. Did I make a big mistake giving them my pin or was the call associated with koodo. 

Will they be able to reach any of my personal info with the pin #. Please let me know, I’m concerned. 

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 20 July 2020, 20:37

@sleep402 I can put your mind at ease. 🙂 It is indeed it was us that called you likely to offer you a promo on a phone or a plan. 

if Koodo is calling, why would they ask for the customer’s PIN?

That is poor protocol in the times of protecting one’s self from fraud

Whether koodo is reaching out to the customer or not, they'd still need to confirm that the person who answered the phone is authorized to approve changes to the account.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@sleep402 I can put your mind at ease. :-) It is indeed it was us that called you likely to offer you a promo on a phone or a plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@sleep402 I can put your mind at ease. :-) It is indeed it was us that called you likely to offer you a promo on a phone or a plan. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@sleep402 I can put your mind at ease. 🙂 It is indeed it was us that called you likely to offer you a promo on a phone or a plan. 

Whether koodo is reaching out to the customer or not, they'd still need to confirm that the person who answered the phone is authorized to approve changes to the account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Also if the customer is uneasy about it, notes can/will be left on the account so that they can call koodo themselves and get the deal that way🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Then maybe the time of calling is outdated.  Especially since we customers cant call koodo anyways.