Koodo Community

Community

Known signal issues around London/St Thomas Ontario?

Userlevel 6
I'm just wondering if there are known signal issues around London/St Thomas Ontario, particularly St Thomas?  I'm having issues with my phone's signal, as have quite a few of my friends who are on Telus, Koodo, PC Postpaid (as well as some on Virgin).  Usually I'm able to get a good signal here, but the last week or so the signal has been very weak.  It's mostly Bell towers here (I know that Koodo/PC/Telus piggyback off of Bell here). 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried restarting your phone? Maybe it will solve your problem
Userlevel 6
I've restarted the phone (battery and SIM out), factory reset my phone, tried different SIMs (Koodo and PC Mobile)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

I've restarted the phone (battery and SIM out), factory reset my phone, tried different SIMs (Koo...

LTE or 3G?
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

I've restarted the phone (battery and SIM out), factory reset my phone, tried different SIMs (Koo...

LTE, 4G, and 3G, all weak to no signal
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

So everyone your know on Telus / Bell around the same time and location as you? I guess the usual of swapping Sims with phones and if there's a good signal with Rogers / Freedom Sims then you could contact Koodo directly to find out if there's a known issue and see what happens with opening a ticket.
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

I don't know anyone on Rogers, and I don't consider Freedom to be a true cell phone company.  All the people in my house are on either Bell, Telus, Koodo, or PC; as well some co-workers and customers I've been dealing with are having signal issues are various spots in the city in live in.  I'm guessing it's just a temporary issue. I have sent a service ticket, thank you for that suggestion Goran
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Has this been resolved for you? I'm in south London (White Oaks). Yesterday I passed through St. Thomas and spent some time in Port Stanley - no issues.
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

No, still very weak to no signal.  I work near 1st/Talbot, live near Fairview/Elm, and spend time this weekend in the north end of St Thomas and in Aylmer.
I can't afford to upgrade, as my phone was activated on a BYOP and I've had a few billing issues (all my fault), so I'd have to pay full price for a phone.
EDIT - my landlord's Rogers phone had a weak signal this morning, but his wife's Virgin phone had a strong signal.  weird...