Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Keeping my phone number (Bell)

I'm wondering if I can keep my actual phone number (1.902.224.xxxx). Telus told me that I can't because those number with area 224 belongs to Bell. What about Koodoo ?

7 replies

is it a mobile or land line?? There are some regions with land lines that can't be ported out (I know, I live in one of them - rural ontario) If it is a mobile, there should be no problems...
Userlevel 3
Have a look at Koodo's Check Eligibility to Move https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfereligibilityparrot/default.do?lang=en&appname=otherportal I tried it with 5555 on the end and it said no, it couldn't be transferred.
Userlevel 3
Moonmack wrote:

Have a look at Koodo's Check Eligibility to Move https://secure.koodomobile.com/checktransfer...

I'm wondering about another porting path. Say you have landline you can't port to Koodo but you could port to Fido (or something). Could you then port that mobile number to Koodo or would Koodo still view it as a landline?
Thanks Moonmack. I tried my number and it's not 😞 "No, this number isn't eligible to move to Koodo Mobile because it is currently not transferable."
I would maybe try another landline provider? Or Voip.ms? I know that my neighbor was able to port to them, but couldn't port to a mobile provider.. Maybe see if you can port to them, then port out to Koodo...??
Userlevel 7
Marcel in O-Town wrote:

I would maybe try another landline provider? Or Voip.ms? I know that my neighbor was able to port...

No, that still doesn't work. I've had issues like that porting out Uxbridge phone #s (905 area code).
Userlevel 7
If Telus/Koodo can't provide local calling to a phone #, no matter if it's landline or mobile, then it's not possible to be transferred. When I was in Uxbridge we had this problem too. Rogers and Bell have the footprint for residential services (like home phone) out there whereas Telus/Koodo don't have anything. Every time I checked portability, Uxbridge phone #s with a 905 area code always get denied if they want to go with Telus/Koodo so people need to have a Toronto phone # to get local calling access. Then all the other towns outside of Uxbridge are considered LD... the issue is bad enough that one lady will actually go to the end of her driveway and be considered in another town's tower, so she'll get charged LD. People hate Bell, don't get very good service with Rogers/Fido, so that leaves Telus/Koodo and Virgin to do well out there with their nationwide calling.