Koodo Community
Solved

Just Placed An Order, Address Change Won't Let Me Add The 'A' After My Street Number To Imply Apartment..

• 1 September 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi Guys,

This may be a stupid question and I may be overthinking it - but as I just made a purchase for a new phone, I had to update my address. I live in a basement apartment, therefore my address is " 71A ..... ". The address change wouldn't let me add the 'A' to the street number, but let me add 'apt' after the full street # and name.
So instead of reading like " 71A Winslow Street.. ", the shipping address on my confirmation reads " 71 Winslow ST ,APT...".

I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue like this and was it delivered to the right location, and if any Admin or Mod see's this, is it possible for you all to go into an active order that hasn't shipped and add that small detail as to have zero confusion on Canada Post's end?

Thanks all,

Michael.
icon

Best answer by kingSlayer85 4 September 2019, 20:14

UPDATE:

So the good news is, I have my phone already! (...i haven't even opened it yet, i've just been starring at the beautiful red on the box, lol 😍)

In other news, Canada Post changed the address from "71 Winslow ST,APT..." to "APT-71 Winslow ST..".
Luckily I just arrived home from the gym and figured I would refresh the tracking page for my phone, even though expected delivery was supposed to be tomorrow. Anyway, it had been changed to today.
It's currently 3:30pm where I live and I had assumed Canada Post to already have gone through my neighbourhood, so I threw my sneakers on to see if a tag had been left on my door that I didn't notice, or on the upstairs tenants' door. As I walked up my path to the front of the house, a Canada Post worker was knocking on the door upstairs with my phone in her hand. I understand it comes down to the worker not understanding how the address was written, but

I just want people in similar situations to be aware, and I would advise anyone buying a phone from Koodo (no shade to Koodo at all, the process of buying this phone has been very easy and I think they're great) to stay home and wait for Canada Post to arrive. I wouldn't trust the post office to get it right in a situation like mine - the phone does have to be signed for but again, never know.

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to shoot you all an update and hopefully help out anyone in a similar situation!

Michael
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Our address for our shop has unit #1 and comes after the street just like you have it written so it should be ok I'd think.
Ok, that puts me at ease some - thanks Paul, I appreciate it!

Michael
UPDATE:

So the good news is, I have my phone already! (...i haven't even opened it yet, i've just been starring at the beautiful red on the box, lol 😍)

In other news, Canada Post changed the address from "71 Winslow ST,APT..." to "APT-71 Winslow ST..".
Luckily I just arrived home from the gym and figured I would refresh the tracking page for my phone, even though expected delivery was supposed to be tomorrow. Anyway, it had been changed to today.
It's currently 3:30pm where I live and I had assumed Canada Post to already have gone through my neighbourhood, so I threw my sneakers on to see if a tag had been left on my door that I didn't notice, or on the upstairs tenants' door. As I walked up my path to the front of the house, a Canada Post worker was knocking on the door upstairs with my phone in her hand. I understand it comes down to the worker not understanding how the address was written, but

I just want people in similar situations to be aware, and I would advise anyone buying a phone from Koodo (no shade to Koodo at all, the process of buying this phone has been very easy and I think they're great) to stay home and wait for Canada Post to arrive. I wouldn't trust the post office to get it right in a situation like mine - the phone does have to be signed for but again, never know.

Sorry for the novel, just wanted to shoot you all an update and hopefully help out anyone in a similar situation!

Michael