Koodo Community

Community

Solved

It's been great while it lasted

We will be losing CDMA service at the end of Dec. and Shaw does not allow koodo to connect. So I have to terminate my account. How does one do that with Koodo.

20 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello there, For this issue you would need to call Koodo directly.

Userlevel 4
What do you mean Shaw doesn't allow Koodo to connect?
I'm not sure how it works, but I've been told as of the end of Dec., my Koodo phone will stop working as the CDMA will be shut down and the only service available is Shaw and other phone won't work.
Userlevel 4
Regent Damours wrote:

I'm not sure how it works, but I've been told as of the end of Dec., my Koodo phone will stop wor...

OK, I know that eventually it's going to be 'bye bye' to the CDMA network so can I ask why not get a phone that will work on HSPA & LTE networks? Koodo has plenty of those-:)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Regent Damours wrote:

I'm not sure how it works, but I've been told as of the end of Dec., my Koodo phone will stop wor...

Shaw does not offer cellular service. They offer cable and internet, including their Shaw to Go Wi-Fi service. If you are in an area large enough to host a "Source" store, there should be non-CDMA cellular service available. What options did the store offer you for a phone?
To be frank, I'm not sure why but all I've got to go by is what I was told at the Source. My choices are limited. I loved my Koodo. The monthly prices were right on.....economical. As I said before, I don't really understand how these things work. I tried to get a different phone from Koodo before and they told me they would not work here. Only CDMA phones would which is why I had a Blackbury Curve.... the only phone that would work.
Userlevel 4
Regent Damours wrote:

To be frank, I'm not sure why but all I've got to go by is what I was told at the Source. My cho...

I'd call customer service and get the info straight from the horses mouth so to speak. Just dial *611 from your phone. Don't know where you're located, but check out the coverage map. Select your province from the drop down menu and it'll show you coverage for for both HSPA/LTE & CDMA networks http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps
Userlevel 6
Regent Damours wrote:

To be frank, I'm not sure why but all I've got to go by is what I was told at the Source. My cho...

What area are you on? The Source is a Bell owned store they will tell you anything to get you away from koodo.
Userlevel 3
Regent Damours wrote:

RudyW, exactly!!
Userlevel 5
If you had Koodo CDMA, chances are you are able to get HSPA/LTE with Koodo so visit your koodo store and find out...the source is terrible!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shaw also only offers home phone service with respect to phones. Regent, may we ask what city you are based in? This may help us give you the most appropriate info with respect to your region (even if it means not going with Koodo)
Userlevel 4
Hello Regent, I have some great news for you in regards to plan pricing! If you go with a phone like the Motorola Moto G (or any phone on Tab S(Small)) you can keep your current plan! Also, because the CDMA network will be shutdown as of December 31st, Koodo is offering all CDMA customers who are affected a $100.00 Tab credit to go towards the purchase of a new phone on the HSPA network! So if you look at it "Big picture", you could be spending nothing to upgrade and keep your current plan! Why not stay with Koodo and take advantage of the exciting adventure that is upgrading !
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Since the O.P. has not told us where they live we can't rule out rhe possibility that there is no HSPA network to switch to. If they live in Northern Ontario or Manitoba that is a distinct possibility.
Userlevel 3
I do not not believe there is anywhere that CDMA covered that HSPA does not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jack Yonge wrote:

That must be a nice bubble you're living in.
Userlevel 3
Jack Yonge wrote:

Considering that coverage on HSPA is greater than the combined coverage of CDMA on both Bell and Telus, yes. Coverage has significantly increased on HSPA over CDMA. CDMA has not been expanded since they built the HSPA Network. (Northern Ontario was delayed for a while and some other remote areas, but they are now HSPA). If there is a small town that has been missed, please spill it. Check the coverage Maps....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jack Yonge wrote:

Jack, Being from Manitoba I completely disagree. Check out the CDMA coverage in MB vs HSPA http://help.koodomobile.com/coverage-long-distance-and-travelling/coverage-maps
Userlevel 3
Jack Yonge wrote:

Its hard to tell by flipping Maps. Don't believe everything you read on the Internet 😉
Userlevel 7
Jack Yonge wrote:

But...I'm reading this on the Internet!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jack, Really? Is it that hard to tell by flipping the maps? Seems pretty obvious to me. This also on Koodo's site, not a random internet page. Wouldnt it be to their advantage to show greater HSPA coverage? Also have you been to rural Manitoba or traveled the Number 1 highway west of Brandon? I have. From my real life experience... No 3G coverage. CDMA, not an issue.