Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is this SPAM??

I have received an e-mail that seems to checkout except that I don't recognize the phone number it came from. It reads "exactly two years ago today!" (via timehop). There is also a box saying that I received a message from a Koodo mobile user. The number is a Canadian number. Has anyone else had this message sent as SPAM?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmm what is the content of the message? Could it be that you participated in this forum in the past and that somebody replied to that?
No, I have actually never heard of Koodo until this message, LOL (sorry Koodo!)
With regard to the content it says that if I can't see the video or hear it then it asks me to go to a link to download quicktime. I checked the link and the quicktime link is the legitimate link (unlike others that say they are a site but have a URL that leads elsewhere). I use Window 8.1 and even researched quicktime with my OS and found that it is usable but is no longer supported by apple.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Catherine Koehler wrote:

With regard to the content it says that if I can't see the video or hear it then it asks me to go...

Never heard of Koodo? *gasp* haha 😃 Hmmm really weird how that mail got to you... it almost sounds as if somebody accidentally used your email address to request some information or something. Actually I have the same problem, I am getting no end of (sometimes very private) emails meant for a lady by the same name as myself, who lives in the USA, who is a real estate agent and who obviously has great difficulties typing in her email address correctly 😃