Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is this phone compatible with koodo?

Is this phone compatible with koodo networks? Sony Xperia ION LT28AT LTE LT28 ( UNLOCKED ) GSM 4G Android Phone

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4
Hi there... Check the link to see if it will work on Koodo's network... Usually most of the unlocked devices work... http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-a.shtml
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... Check the link to see if it will work on Koodo's network... Usually most of the unloc...

link is now broken for me 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Camilo_A wrote:

Hi there... Check the link to see if it will work on Koodo's network... Usually most of the unloc...

Try this http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/sim-cards-and-non-koodo-phones/how-do-i-know-if-my-phone-will-work-on-the-koodo-network
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo uses HSPA+ 850/1900 LTE Band IV 1700/2100 Does your phone use those bands?
it says Network Technology GSM / EDGE / UMTS / HSDPA, HSPA+, LTE Band GSM / EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 UMTS / HSDPA 850/1900/210 my only concern is that it says (AT&T UNLOCKED ) thinking of buying it off ebay
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
maximiliousp wrote:

it says Network Technology GSM / EDGE / UMTS / HSDPA, HSPA+, LTE Band GSM / EDGE 850/900/1800...

I think it should work according to this link of the specs http://store.sony.com/p/Sony-Xperia-Ion-Smart-Phone,-near-field-communication,-near-field,-NFC-technology,-one-touch,-one-touch,-tap,-wave,-contactless-communication,-wireless,-bluetooth,-wifi,-wi-fi,-enabled,-wirelessly,-connectivity,-pairing-devices/en/p/LT28AT#specifications
Userlevel 1
maximiliousp wrote:

it says Network Technology GSM / EDGE / UMTS / HSDPA, HSPA+, LTE Band GSM / EDGE 850/900/1800...

I'm not sure if this Xperia Ion will work on koodo network, Wind is using it and from what I heard Wind phones are not compatible with Koodo network, if you know Koodo customer borrow his SIM and try it on your phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
maximiliousp wrote:

That's not true Mat. Some Wind phones are not compatible but most actually are. According to what maximiliousp stated (HSDPA 850/1900/2100), this phone will work on Koodo. In fact, any 3G phone from any non-CDMA network in North America (excluding the AWS carriers: T-Mobile (and MVNOs operating on it), Wind, and Mobilicity) will work on Koodo if it is unlocked. Many phones from the abovementioned AWS will also work, but that's on a case-by-case basis).
Userlevel 1
maximiliousp wrote:

correct case-by-case basis, I did'nt anticipate that it'won't work, I said "i'm not sure" if it'll work based on what Koodo say.
If you can give me the IMEI of your phone I can look it up right now and have an answer within minutes! This can be found in setting and about phone. (ESN/IMEI)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Benn H wrote:

If you can give me the IMEI of your phone I can look it up right now and have an answer within mi...

Doubtful if maximiliousp is getting the phone from eBay
Benn H wrote:

If you can give me the IMEI of your phone I can look it up right now and have an answer within mi...

sadly this is correct, I am trying to get this phone off ebay, shows the specs in the page
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Benn H wrote:

Use my link above. I wouldnt blindly trust what a ebay seller tells me
Benn H wrote:

IMEI's on all phones are different, yours has a very specific one. Most phones will display your IMEI on the screen if you type *#06# from the phone home screen.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Benn H wrote:

@Benn, the IMEI is not an option since the poster does not have the phone in hand
Benn H wrote:

See if the seller will lend you the IMEI then go to "http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2koodo-step-1-c.shtml" and put it in there.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Benn H wrote:

You don't need to hassle the seller about this. The seller has already told you what frequency bands this phone operates on. If (s)he lied, than you are covered by PayPal. If you're this uncertain, I suggest buying locally through Kijiji. You'll get better deals anyways. Just remember to meet at public places only. Stay safe.
Benn H wrote:

I agree with Philosoraptor and if you are in Central Alberta you'll find ads from me 🙂 However look over a good source of the phone info: http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperia_ion_lte-4412.php That being said, it has a fixed battery so as it's used you're stuck with it. Camera looks good tho
Userlevel 5
If it's truly an AT&T phone you should be fine.