Koodo Community
Solved

Is there a way at Koodo to prevent someone taking your phone number?

• 19 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I received a voicemail from someone at Koodo today, telling me that I have to request that my current service phone provider allow them to transfer the phone number. The problem is - I never talked to Koodo to setup service, as I am happy with my current provider. My credit card is also compromised, so there is someone trying to take over my stuff! lol. My question is: A) A way to talk to a real person at Koodo (since they did initially call me) and B) tell them not to proceed with any account setup under my name and phone number? Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 19 November 2020, 02:12

They recently put in anti-threft measures so that when someone tries to steal your number, you receive a text message to which you’d need to reply YES. Of course you shoudn’t reply if it wasn’t you who made the request… (or better still, answer NO to make sure you didn’t want this) is that what happened to you?

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

They recently put in anti-threft measures so that when someone tries to steal your number, you receive a text message to which you’d need to reply YES. Of course you shoudn’t reply if it wasn’t you who made the request… (or better still, answer NO to make sure you didn’t want this) is that what happened to you?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And if your credit card has been compromised then there as been a leak at some corporation that has your info.  Just keep an eye out for suspicious activity.  The fact you got a voicemail is a good sign that your number may have been prevented from being stolen.