Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Is it time to upgrade ?

I have the galaxie ace and everyday i have to power it down and back up . I will try to text and it says "FAILED" when i go to send . I shutdown and restart it works good for the day . The next day i have to reboot . Is it time for an upgrade??? Thanks

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
A known issue with the Galaxy Ace is you can't send texts when data is on which could be your unsent text issue. There are a couple other issues & I highly recommend you go to Koodo and take advantage of their trade in program which now until the end of the month you can get an extra $25 on top of the amount they will give you for your phone. I'd bring it in and trade it and use the trade credits they give you towards a Galaxy S2X with is definitely the best phone for the price. It's last year's top of the line Samsung device. Go to a kiosk & trade up
Thanks that is what i will do my only question is the ace was a good phone execpt this issue ,do you think it would be better for me to go the galaxie ace 2 or the Galaxie s2X Thanks again
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tom Cusson wrote:

Thanks that is what i will do my only question is the ace was a good phone execpt this issue ,do ...

Definitely the Galaxy S2x it is mid/high end phone and the Galaxy Ace 2X is a low end phone. The Galaxy S2X will be updated to the Newest version of Android which is Jelly Bean in a month or 2 also & you shouldn't have any issues. If you have the money and don't want to ever have any issues with your phone & have it fast and more features then you know what to do with get the Galaxy S3 but if you just want a phone that works great but don't have the cash then Galaxy S2X. Just stay away from the HTC One V, trust me.
Userlevel 6
Tom Cusson wrote:

Thanks that is what i will do my only question is the ace was a good phone execpt this issue ,do ...

@Kid: Got a refurb OneV to play and tinker with, and a custom ROM does it wonders! It's like a whole new phone. Don't be so harsh on it 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tom Cusson wrote:

Ya but if your not going to put a custom ROM its garbage. has more problems. than any phone I've seen on Koodo
Userlevel 7
There is also the double secret probation way to fix this. if you're not interested in getting a new phone (because you aint gotz the cash). And you're not too intimidated by technology. There are many tutorials on the Interwebz about Rooting your SGA and installing a Custom ROM (The firmware your phone runs on) like Cyanogenmod 7. You'll find a vast number of Android fanatics have done this. Including myself on my Optimus One and Now my Samsung Galaxy Siix. It's relatively easy and free. Highly recommend you check it out and hey if you Brick (turn your phone into a paperweight) your phone you're still going to be able to get a new one right? -Chad
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

There is also the double secret probation way to fix this. if you're not interested in getting a ...

Are you OK Chad?? You sound like you're about to pop out a rap song with those "gotz" and "interwebz", lol! Baggy pants would complete the look 🙂 Just kidding! 😛 Cheers!
i had a galaxy ace at one point and did not like it at all
Userlevel 5
anthony Norton wrote:

I second that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
anthony Norton wrote:

triple that