Koodo Community
Question

invalid sim card

Hi there. I switched my plan from Bell to Koodo today and I am having trouble with unlocking the sim card. Since thwy couldnt touch people's phones, I have to put the sim card myself. My phone is locked so I had to call Bell for the pin. The problem is... I was looking at videos in youtube and the thing that pops up to put the unlocking pin looks different on mine... the unlocking pin doest work but it works if i put 1234. I am gonna call koodo tomorrow but wondering if anyone had this problem before

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Was this screenshot taken when you put your Koodo SIM in your phone? or it was the Bell SIM?

If you already ported your number to Koodo, your Bell service should have stopped. You wouldn’t have to call them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The SIM card unlock pin is different from unlocking the phone. Your phone is probably unlocked already

Was this screenshot taken when you put your Koodo SIM in your phone? or it was the Bell SIM?

If you already ported your number to Koodo, your Bell service should have stopped. You wouldn’t have to call them.

After I put my koodo sim

The SIM card unlock pin is different from unlocking the phone. Your phone is probably unlocked already

Thats what i figured. After than screen, this is what i see. It is asking me for the PUK pin. I called koodo but the PUK pin is not working. They advised for me to call samsung to get the mastercode. I have it and koodo will call me tomorrow. Hopefully we resolve the issue tomorrow. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thats what i figured. After than screen, this is what i see. It is asking me for the PUK pin. I called koodo but the PUK pin is not working. They advised for me to call samsung to get the mastercode. I have it and koodo will call me tomorrow. Hopefully we resolve the issue tomorrow. 

The PUK code is tied to the SIM card, not the phone. If you're being asked for it, that means you've entered the SIM pin incorrectly too many times. When you talked to koodo did you ask for the UNLOCK CODE, or the PUK CODE? They're different numbers and not interchangeable. The fact that they told you to ask Samsung for the master code suggests that you were trying to enter the unlock code as the PUK, in which case the master code still will not work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In what world are Koodo’s SIM card PUK locked. I thought that was an european thing only

The PUK code is tied to the SIM card, not the phone. If you're being asked for it, that means you've entered the SIM pin incorrectly too many times. When you talked to koodo did you ask for the UNLOCK CODE, or the PUK CODE? They're different numbers and not interchangeable. The fact that they told you to ask Samsung for the master code suggests that you were trying to enter the unlock code as the PUK, in which case the master code still will not work.

I asked for the PUK pin. I think if you put the wrong unlock pin too many times, it will ask you for the PUK pin. Hopefully the master pin work because I dont want to buy a new sim or phone 

So the master code doesnt work. My guess is I would need to get a new sim card fudge

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think you misunderstood Timo. You’ll need to contact Koodo again and specifically request a PUK code for your sim card.

I think you misunderstood Timo. You’ll need to contact Koodo again and specifically request a PUK code for your sim card.

I have already. They provided me with the PUK code and the PUK code doesnt work 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In that case recontact Koodo for next steps. If the PUK code doesn't work for some reason and you're ertsin that you put it in correctly, I'd ask to confirm its the correct one and then ask what to do after. You migh very well require a new Sim card if they can't hp you with