Koodo Community

Invalid SIM

• 10 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi, 

I’ve stopped my koodo account for a half year, and I tried to reactivate it last night, it says the SIM card is invalid. What’s happening? If anyone could help me with this problem, please. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you stopped your account 6 months ago (half year), your SIM and your account was probably closed. You would have to open a new account and get a new SIM with Koodo.

Hi, Dinh

Thanks for replying!

I thought the same thing as you, but it hasn’t been 6 moths since I stopped my account because I did it on April 17th. 

To add one more thing, the SIM works at the begging but after a while, it turns out to be “Invalid”. 

Userlevel 7

Do you have access to your self serve account? If you do, is your Account Status Active or other (Suspended?)?

Is the displayed phone number correct? 

If you see a banner that mentions your phone is suspended, at the top of all pages,  Select ‘Reactivate my phone’.

Hi, nim4165! Thanks for your help!

Yes, I do. I don’t know how to check my account is active, but it looks fine. 

The displayed phone number is correct.

Finally, I don’t see any banner that says about it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Well, If you saw “invalid SIM” then the SIM isn’t active (or your phone was locked to a different carrier).

A deactivated Koodo SIM would maintain some connection to Koodo network (with your old number in the settings) but you cannot do anything with it except dial the emergency number 911.

I would suggest you get new SIM/account.

Userlevel 7

@Dinh Since the account was ‘stopped’  (I assume ‘suspended’) less than 5 months ago, is it possible that the ‘invalid SIM’ message is due to a ‘suspended’ account (and SIM)?  Is there a way to check the account status, and if applicable, to remove the suspension? If feasible, both ‘old’ account and SIM will be re-enabled.  See https://community.koodomobile.com/self-serve-66723/reactivating-the-account-after-cancellation-7797680?postid=19853601#post19853601 for a <90 day re-activation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dinh Since the account was ‘stopped’  (I assume ‘suspended’) less than 5 months ago, is it possible that the ‘invalid SIM’ message is due to a ‘suspended’ account (and SIM)?  Is there a way to check the account status, and if applicable, to remove the suspension? If feasible, both ‘old’ account and SIM will be re-enabled.  See https://community.koodomobile.com/self-serve-66723/reactivating-the-account-after-cancellation-7797680?postid=19853601#post19853601 for a <90 day re-activation.

No, you cannot reactivate it,  unless you are a superman or the CEO of Telus/Koodo.

Userlevel 7

I am not either. You win!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I think the question here is how did you “stop” your koodo account?