Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Intuitive text - offensive

When I type "big" in a text, the intuitive suggestions for my next word are "ass", "tits" or "boobs". This is offensive.  It's not like these are words I usually use in messaging. 

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Has anyone had access to your phone recently? Either they could have used these words frequently or someone added them as a joke. You can clear the suggestions dictionary via the Keyboard settings in your phone.
Allan wrote:

Has anyone had access to your phone recently? Either they could have used these words frequently ...

No one else has access to my phone or is on another Koodo shared plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Has anyone had access to your phone recently? Either they could have used these words frequently ...

What kind of phone do you have? Brand and model? Did you buy it used?
Allan wrote:

Moto G 5.1
Allan wrote:

Nope bought it new.

Allan wrote:

I'm looking on language & Input in settings but don't see where to clear a suggestions dictionary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Could you take a screenshot of the language & input screen and post it here?

Allan wrote:

There are no words in my personal dictionary.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Very strange. Could you post a screenshot of the problem you refereed to in your original question?
Allan wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I meant where your phone is auto correcting the word. Sorry about the confusion.
Allan wrote:

That's what I mean!

Userlevel 4
Allan wrote:

Hi Vikki! Can you re-post your last screenshot but without =your friend's phone number? Please keep in mind that this is a public post and posting personal info is not allowed. Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Well that's an interesting choice for Google. Has it changed yet as you correct it to other suggestions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can check going into language and input, selecxt keyboard, pick the one you're using, and enable "block offensive words." Then you shouldn't be offended anymore.
I just think it's a weird thing to happen. What an odd selection of words.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hahaha it is weird indeed, but I guess those are the words that google think are going to match with big. You could change keyboards for SwiftKey for example and then you'll get suggested less offensive words like you can see in the screenshot below.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hahaha it is weird indeed, but I guess those are the words that google think are going to match w...

With swift key you can link your email and social media to it, so it learns what you type
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hahaha it is weird indeed, but I guess those are the words that google think are going to match w...

My Moto offers the same, right out of the box. 
Samsung offers deal, bang, and brother.

My iPhone offers data, thanks, and time.

Must be a Moto thing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Fans of Sir Mix a lot?
Userlevel 6
Robert wrote:

Cool that MM David is Moto user. OP might be a Moto user as well? That's an amusing word suggestion...When I type "big" it suggests "sales/tits/deal". Still got one offensive word in there. I guess Google has us semi-personalized with suggestions also based on what most internet users type into their web search?