Koodo Community

International text not showing in usage

Hello! I believe I do have unlimited international texting, but I was wanting to test it out so I don't have any surprises! I texted my friend in America (has an American number) last night, it went through and she was able to reply back, but I don't see that I sent a message under my Usage. I can see all of the texts I've sent to Canadian numbers, but not that one.

Is there a place I can double check to ensure I will not be charged? Does it take a few days to process an international number, perhaps?

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I'm not sure why it's not showing up in your usage, but I can almost guarantee that international texting is included in your plan. Only the oldest of the oldest plans don't offer that. When did you sign up and what plan do you have?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Normally, international text or shortcode text are shown in a separate usage box in self-serve. Koodo might have updated something with their usage report and that didn’t show up. I would suggest you check back later.

Anyway, just to confirm, you are using SMS not imessage or RCS or any other app like whatapps, viber?

I'm not sure why it's not showing up in your usage, but I can almost guarantee that international texting is included in your plan. Only the oldest of the oldest plans don't offer that. When did you sign up and what plan do you have?

I've joined up in just the last few years and my plan does say International Unlimited Messaging (Text and Picture) haha So I imagine I do have it!! There's a little asterisk beside that though and I was unable to find what that asterisk meant haha I'm just paranoid!

Normally, international text or shortcode text are shown in a separate usage box in self-serve. Koodo might have updated something with their usage report and that didn’t show up. I would suggest you check back later.

Anyway, just to confirm, you are using SMS not imessage or RCS or any other app like whatapps, viber?

Using SMS! Maybe I will check back later and also look on a PC opposed to my phone just in case. Thanks for the input about it being in a separate box though!