Koodo Community
Question

International calling

• 27 August 2019
  • 8 replies

I am in Portugal and I cannot get access to international calling and data. Already did the international add-on. Already tried accessing local networks. None of them work. I need a solution asap!

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Get a local prepaid sim. Itll be cheaper.

So you tried manually selecting networks? Reinsert your sim card and restart your phone. Are you connected to a network at all? If you have roaming enabled in phone settings as well and did all of that, I'll flag his for a rep to check your account in case some stuff wasn't enabled back end.
I can't really re-insert my sim card since I don't have a key to open the slot. I have restarted the phone several times. When I try to choose a network for a third party carrier, I get three options (vodaphone, NOS and MEO) and none of which work. I only have access to free wifi. Anything that you can do to help would be appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@trees - Just took a look at your account. Can you try restarting your phone and trying again? Let me know us know if it works now.
That didn't work.
any other ideas?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is my suggestion : https://prepaid-data-sim-card.fandom.com/wiki/Portugal
None of these are great solutions. I am going to have to make a formal complaint into Telus/Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hey there - for some reason the account didn't accept my change earlier (I added a feature on the back-end required to allow Easy Roam). I've verified that it's there now. Can you please try restarting one more time and see if this works?