Koodo Community
Solved

Intermittent Wifi in the Basement

• 26 January 2021
  • 2 replies

We recently upgraded to Galaxy A21 phones and have been receiving erratic wifi in the basement. Sometimes the phone makes a connection to wifi and other times it doesn’t. We didn’t have this issue with our previous older phones Galaxy S4/5.  Nothing has changed with the modem or our current set up. Is there a setting on the phone that be adjusted? Please advise.

Regards,

Rick

icon

Best answer by Sophia 26 January 2021, 19:32

I don’t think that there are any phone settings that would correct the problem, if your new phone has a weaker receiver. I would suggest a WiFi extender… we have a few Telus extenders in our house and LOVE them!

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t think that there are any phone settings that would correct the problem, if your new phone has a weaker receiver. I would suggest a WiFi extender… we have a few Telus extenders in our house and LOVE them!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I would suggest you reset network settings of the phone. Hopefully that helps.

Some newer phones with later Android versions require higher level of security from the WiFi network. Sometimes, it might reject connection to unsecured network. Was there any message on the phone about it?. I would suggest you set your WiFi network security to WPA2 with AES encryption mode.