Koodo Community

Community

Question

Information regarding cancelling a deceased members contract.

My father in law passed away on March 27, 2017. His son and I are joint executors of his will, but we need to cancel his contract and have a final bill sent to the estate asap. It's really frustrating to have to go through this process and there is no information on your website, and I have already sat on hold for over 34 minutes at this point with no guess as to how much longetr I will have to wait to speak to someone.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
You'd likely have to send a private message to Koodo via facebook or twitter for that. There might be a process when calling in to 866-99-KOODO, but this would be beyond the expertise of the Koodo community. Perhaps a Koodo employee could shed some light.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

You'd likely have to send a private message to Koodo via facebook or twitter for that. There migh...

Cancelling an account is the one thing that can only be done via 611.
titaniumtux wrote:

You'd likely have to send a private message to Koodo via facebook or twitter for that. There migh...

So I've been on hold for an hour and 25 minutes so far. How to make a miserable situation feel worse? This is it. I don't think I can simply cancel the account - it's a death. That's why it'd be nice if there was a process available or a phone number to call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
titaniumtux wrote:

Usually,y if you call in the morning, the wait time should be lower then what you had atm.
Hi Gerry, did you ever get this resolved, and if you did, can you share the steps that worked for you? My sister in law just passed away and I need to do the same thing.