Koodo Community
Question

iMessage and FaceTime activation error

Hello, 

I just received a new phone (iPhone 11) and was able to set it up myself, etc. but when I try to activate my iMessage and FaceTime, the verification for my phone number goes on forever. I cannot activate either with my phone number. I have scoured the Internet, trying every suggestion I found but nothing has worked. I am using the new SIM card that came with the new phone. 

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could try to de-register iMessage here https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage/ After that, reactivate it again. In some rare cases, it could take 24 hours according to Apple https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201422 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello, 

I just received a new phone (iPhone 11) and was able to set it up myself, etc. but when I try to activate my iMessage and FaceTime, the verification for my phone number goes on forever. I cannot activate either with my phone number. I have scoured the Internet, trying every suggestion I found but nothing has worked. I am using the new SIM card that came with the new phone. 

You can try these steps and see if it will activate. https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201422

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Apples servers could also be busy or having issues.  You can also wait a day and then try again

The exact same thing happened to me, just bought iPhone 11 and set it up with the SIM card everything seemed fine. Its been 2 days and iMessage or facetime hasn’t activated yet (I get an error message everytime), I called Apple today and was on the phone with a supervisor for an hour and they weren’t able to help at all, I’m thinking it’d something on Koodo’s end! Let me know if you figure it out PLEASE!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The exact same thing happened to me, just bought iPhone 11 and set it up with the SIM card everything seemed fine. Its been 2 days and iMessage or facetime hasn’t activated yet (I get an error message everytime), I called Apple today and was on the phone with a supervisor for an hour and they weren’t able to help at all, I’m thinking it’d something on Koodo’s end! Let me know if you figure it out PLEASE!!!

Try activating over wifi

Try activating over wifi

Didn’t work!! I even tried setting my phone back to factory settings and then reset my phone and it still doesn’t work :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try activating over wifi

Didn’t work!! I even tried setting my phone back to factory settings and then reset my phone and it still doesn’t work :(

Does imessage and facetime work on your old iphone?

Do you have your new or old sim in the phone?

Also does regular talk and text work?

Try activating over wifi

My old Sim has now been deactivated by Bell after the number transfer was complete.

I have my new Koodo SIM card in this phone. Regular talk and text SMS messages are working, but iMessage and Facetime cannot verify my phone number at all

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try activating over wifi

My old Sim has now been deactivated by Bell after the number transfer was complete.

I have my new Koodo SIM card in this phone. Regular talk and text SMS messages are working, but iMessage and Facetime cannot verify my phone number at all

What happens when you use your koodo sim in your old iphone?

If regular talk and text work on your new phone, then im not convinced that it is a Koodo issue just yet.

Try activating over wifi

If regular talk and text work on your new phone, then im not convinced that it is a Koodo issue just yet.

Just checked to see if the Koodo SIM would work in my iPhone 8, still doesn’t work with iMessage.. still says activation unsuccessful

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Try activating over wifi

Just checked to see if the Koodo SIM would work in my iPhone 8, still doesn’t work with iMessage.. still says activation unsuccessful

Did you de-register for imessage before you put in your koodo sim to your iphone 8?

I would have expected that your iphone 8 to have kept your imessage registration.

Also if you make calls or receive calls does your caller ID show up properly on the other end?

Try activating over wifi

Did you de-register for imessage before you put in your koodo sim to your iphone 8?

I would have expected that your iphone 8 to have kept your imessage registration.

Also if you make calls or receive calls does your caller ID show up properly on the other end?

Yes, I did deregister my iMessage on my iPhone 8 before I transferred the SIM card back to that phone.

Also, yes my phone shows Caller ID when calling others.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am thinking it might be that you have a faulty sim.  Maybe go into a koodo kiosk and have them try to register their imessage on your phone as a test?  If it works then get a new sim from them