Koodo Community

Community

Solved

If someone from the US calls me, will that use up minutes from my talk booster (prepaid)?

I have a prepaid base plan ($15 just text) and a talk booster. I understand that outgoing calls to the US use up double the minutes. If someone from the US calls me, will that use up my minutes at all? Thanks!

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes, it will use your minutes as local calls.
So, it will be 1 minutes for 1 minutes.(It's not double minutes deduct)
Mayumi wrote:

So, it will be 1 minutes for 1 minutes.(It's not do...

Thanks for your response. So just to be clear I will be deducted minutes for incoming calls, even in Canada?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Yes. All the incoming calls use your minutes.  It doesn't matter where it come from (From Canada, US or International)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Your base plan has no unlimited calling times of any sort. You'd have to get a higher tier one in order to avoid incoming call charges.
Mayumi wrote:

Are there any koodo plans, prepaid or not, that would not charge for incoming calls from the US? Thank you again for your responses.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

If you go on a monthly with Koodo, I believe there is still an [i]unlimited incoming calls add-on that would cover you for calls coming from anywhere for a fixed monthly fee.
Mayumi wrote:

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

If you get one of the Canada wide plans for 35 or 50 or even the 25 one you should get incoming included during the unlimited time frame if you wish to stay on prepaid. You can also calculate the difference I. Ho much you're called to see if it's worth spending 10-35 a month more in t base plan. I looked on Koodo prepaid to double check and it looks all weird right now only showing times for unlimited evenings and unlimited incoming and daytime calls rows are blank even for the 50 dollar one. But that's how it should be.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

On prepaid, talk booster add-on for 500 minutes is $25.00. That will cover a lot of yakity yak at regular rates, including incoming US.

Look at a few bills from previous months and do a calculation. At least with prepaid, you never pay for speculative minutes and your banks never expire as long as your base plan is current.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Depending on where you live, there is a new wireless home phone feature that offers unlimited incoming from anywhere in the world, and unlimited calling to anywhere in Canada. Costs $20/month + a one time $50 hardware fee. You might want to look into that...
Mayumi wrote:

Thank you all very much for your very helpful suggestions! I'll probably go monthly and do the $10 unlimited incoming calls add-on.