Koodo Community

Community

Solved

If I separate linked accounts does the positive tab balance from the now-unlinked account carry over or is it forfeited?

I still have an old plan (before April 19,2015) and I have a $150 positive tab balance on my account. As I was under 18 when the phone was purchased, my account had to be linked to my father's and I've had to pay my bill through him. I am now 20 and would like to upgrade my phone and have my own account so I can pay at my convenience but I don't want to forfeit my positive tab balance.
Would it be simpler to upgrade my phone and then unlink accounts or just forfeit the positive balance to avoid all the hassle? Would I be able to transfer my new owing tab balance to the new account or would I have to pay off the new tab outright before unlinking accounts?

4 replies

YEs, if you make a transfer of ownership your tab will be carried over to your new account
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
At the moment, legally, it is your father's account. The only way (and the cleanest way) to have it in your own name would be to initiate a 'Transfer of Ownership' which should allow you to take full ownership of the account, with all its positives and negatives. If I recall, the cost of a ToO is $25.
Userlevel 6
David wrote:

At the moment, legally, it is your father's account. The only way (and the cleanest way) to have ...

Hey! Just confirming, it's $10 now 🙂
David wrote:

At the moment, legally, it is your father's account. The only way (and the cleanest way) to have ...

That's right, TOWN, sim swaps, rpch, non preferential phone number changes, they are all 10$ now 😃 I think they were changed round 3 months ago or more