Koodo Community

Community

Identify all Koodo employees that participate in this Community

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Some employees are identified here, while others are not. I realize that the identified ones are the ones whose job includes providing support in the community while others do so in their spare time. Nonetheless, I feel that all Koodo employees should be identified, especially since they do mention that they are employees from time to time. This would give non-regular users reassurance that they are in fact speaking to an employee vs. someone who's claiming to be one.

31 replies

Userlevel 2
Why? Don't get me wrong, everyone knows I work for Koodo, but if someone wants to remain anonymous, let them. They shouldn't be forced to reveal themselves. Plus, that interferes with those that are on the Social Media team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Why? Don't get me wrong, everyone knows I work for Koodo, but if someone wants to remain anony...

Why the need for anonymity for employees? You yourself identify yourself as one. Not asking for name, address, phone#, SIN, etc. Just official confirmation of employee status.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Why? Don't get me wrong, everyone knows I work for Koodo, but if someone wants to remain anony...

There's no reason for official confirmation. And as I already mentioned, that will mess with the Social Media team, who oversees this forum. If the employee wants identify themselves as on, that's their choice. I see no reason to force them to reveal themselves.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

We signed up with our koodo e-mail. The Community manager, Ashley keeps track of us! We are few. I guess thats why they haven't identified us as so.
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

I didn't sign up using my Koodo email. I used my personal email.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

Ops, you might not be the employee of the month now 😞 You have to read more! haha just kidding!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Myke wrote:

Same here, and speak for yourself, Xavier. I am not few. I am legion.
Userlevel 2
Myke wrote:

You have teamed up, huh?
Userlevel 4
Myke wrote:

I've read just about everything that the Koodo Help files has to offer for tech support. Nothing left for me to read. I'm always employee of the month. Koodo just doesn't know it yet.
A nice sugegstion, however i don't believe it would make any difference if they say they are employees or not. I doubt you would share your personal info. in this site if someone claiming that they work for koodo asks you for it. Nevertheless would be nice
Userlevel 4
If it was possible for me to be a part of the Social Media team, I would totally jump on board. There is a part of me that does disagree with this ONLY because I do like expressing my own opinions on here and not having the "Employee" tag beside my name or below it. On the other hand, this is a great idea so people would stop doubting me or just flat out ignoring my advice from time to time hahaha.

Userlevel 2
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

If it was possible for me to be a part of the Social Media team, I would totally jump on board. ...

I'm sorry what? I can't hear you over me ignoring you 😛.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

If it was possible for me to be a part of the Social Media team, I would totally jump on board. ...

It just occurred to me that there may be another benefit to my idea, based on your response. I agree that you should be free to voice your opinions. But why would you need this sort of "protection"? As an employee, your comments (while reflecting your own stance) will still impact the community's perception of Koodo. We (Social Media Team, Mobile Masters, and other employees) should be held to a higher standard of community behaviour than other users (I know MMs aren't employees - I couldn't word it better).
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Makes sense. It's not that I need protection, I just like having more freedom. Not saying I'll be a complete jerk or anything, but being labelled as an employee would mean I would have a "code of conduct" I would need to follow which would limit what I can or cannot say.....maybe.
Userlevel 6
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Why would someone claim to be an employee of koodo? What advantages would that have here? I also think there is probably some danger in identifying everyone as once you do wouldn't their comments become official? what if they are wrong with something? Koodo would have no choice and do what the employee stated after all it's in writing by an employee.
Userlevel 3
Or you have someone like myself who posts on the community formum regularly who wishes not to have an employee status. I am on here regularly on my spare time while in the office to keep myself busy but I enjoy it at the same time. I can express my own personal opinions on certain situations. If I had an employee tag I'd have to be way more professional and friendly and a lot less blunt. Hence why I wouldnt want this badge
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Rocky Balboa wrote:

Or you have someone like myself who posts on the community formum regularly who wishes not to hav...

This is exactly what I meant in my response to Tyler above. There's no reason not to behave in a friendly and professional manner, employee or not. You do not have to agree with anyone who posts here. You do not have to support anything you do not want. You should definitely speak out when compelled to do so. But, we do have to foster an environment based on due respect when addressing someone here. As employees and MMs, we really have to turn the other cheek when receiving abuse and not add fuel to the fire.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
My main argument against the employee tag is the number of griefers who would use it as an excuse to ignore any points made by employees. Granted, they are less common here than on other forums but they still show up. (everyone remember the ron_lion argument?)
Userlevel 4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

My main argument against the employee tag is the number of griefers who would use it as an excuse...

I miss that guy...sort of
Userlevel 3
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

My main argument against the employee tag is the number of griefers who would use it as an excuse...

The thread still posted?can you repost it so I can read it?lol
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Here's the thread. Most of the most entertaining posts got removed when they locked it though. http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/koodo_stole_my_galaxy_phone_back_blames_me_tells_me_to_buy_another_one_from_them_but_whoops_they_have
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I think he's referring to MarcusF/G (sorry, I can't remember exactly).
Userlevel 4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

If I recall, I was called a simpleton at some point...
Userlevel 3
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Tyler ur a straight up tree planter! wish I can grow a full on stache like you haha
Userlevel 4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

November 30th will be one full year since I shaved the beard hahaha