Koodo Community

Community

Solved

i will be paying my tab balance in full, can i get new unit and use my old plan?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Shouldn't be an issue. I recently did it myself within the last month and I had no issues keeping my old plan and got a new phone on a new tab
If i get the new phone and unlock it to use with other carrier will the warranty void?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eric wrote:

If i get the new phone and unlock it to use with other carrier will the warranty void?

U have to wait 90 days to unlock it. And then u can do whatever you want with it. But I'm assuming warranty is good for the alloted time no matter what as long as its in your possession
Eric wrote:

thanks
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eric wrote:

No problem Eric
Userlevel 7
Eric wrote:

I think the 90 day wait period only applies to new customers, as long as an existing customer has had an account in good standing for 90 days, even if they had the phone in question for 5 days they should be able to get it unlocked.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eric wrote:

I thought it was any new tab created.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eric wrote:

New tab = new contract, so 90 day wait period on a new subsidized phone kicks in. If the new gear is paid for up-front, then it is eligible for unlock immediately, since no new contract is created.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eric wrote:

Thanks for clarifying Bob!