Koodo Community

Community

Solved

i was texting with a friend and suddenly i cant send texts or calls. what happened, i know my bill is paid

what happened to my service suddenly i cant text or phone anyone, i am in northern bc, i was in the middle of texting a friend and it cut out, says no texts are working, no calls will work but phone has full bars and i have my bill paid up

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pull out the battery and sim for a few mins. See if that works
tried that, also tried the other tips, it now says when i try to phone anyone ... that they are not in my network i have tried these steps Go to: 1.Settings -> Wireless -> Networks/Mobile Networks -> Network Operators 2. Automatically it starts searching for a network 3. After that there is a sign - you are registered. 4. In the end I took my sim out and put it back.
i am far from any city , and i dont think ft st john has a koodo place here i paid for the extended service when i bought it but there is no store here that i bought it from and i need it for work , desperately
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
WHat phone do you have?
maybe it was because the koodo network that was down, it has now started working again, i have the samsung galaxy 3 i have never had that issue before and im crossing my fingers it never happens again
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Zboya wrote:

maybe it was because the koodo network that was down, it has now started working again, i have th...

Yay! Dont you love it when problems solve themselves. I was also looking at the coverage map and Fort St John but gets a little spotty when you start heading east to Hudson's Hope
Nancy Zboya wrote:

maybe it was because the koodo network that was down, it has now started working again, i have th...

once i got off the phone with friend and put my otter box back on, i got same issue. took otter box off.. still have network not found for anyone i try to contact, i have full bars of service i can connect to the internet with it
Nancy Zboya wrote:

i have had full coverage up to north of ft nelson bc, so its not a coverage issue, there are booster towers all over the place .. well not everwhere lol but i have never had that i couldnt phone someone cause it said they arent in my network
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Zboya wrote:

Are you connecting through WIFI or cellular data? If it is having problems connecting to the network I worry it may be the sim card. If would be great if you could test it with anyone else that has a Koodo sim
Nancy Zboya wrote:

i work in the bush. i was able to talk to another person that is with koodo hundreds of miles away. i cant get to a city that has koodo sim cards unless you know that ft st john has a place some messages are going through and some are not, i need this phone so i know if and where i work, being isolated in the bush its imperative i have a phone
Nancy Zboya wrote:

seems i was disallusioned. i wasnt on the tethering, that isnt working either even though it says i have full signal, is it koodo that is down, i need this for work, i dont want to drive 500 miles just to replace a sim card
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Zboya wrote:

I get it. I spent some time north of Fort McMurray so I know how important a working mobile phone can be. I did a quick search on the store locator (http://koodomobile.com/en/on/storelocator.shtml) and found a store in Fort St.John Petron Communications Ltd 11315 Alaska Road Fort St John, British Columbia V1J6N2 Phone: 250-785-3333 But if it is a network issue, wait until tomorrow morning to see if things resolves itself, but I think it's a sim and this store should be able to help you test it
Nancy Zboya wrote:

i can now send and recieve texts and call out and get calls but no one can hear me. what is wrong with the phone . why cant anyone hear me
Nancy Zboya wrote:

im guessing the ft st john store isnt open sundays and that is the ONLY day i have free
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Zboya wrote:

It's unfortunate but it happens. Not much more we can do. You can also give Koodo a call tomorrow morning 1-866-995-6636 to confirm if there is a network issue and speak with tech support to find out if there might be another cause regarding your issue
ooh wait. put the otter box back on and it again said. ppl not in my network
Sinned 15 minutes ago It's unfortunate but it happens. Not much more we can do. You can also give Koodo a call tomorrow morning 1-866-995-6636 to confirm if there is a network issue and speak with tech support to find out if there might be another cause regarding your issue how the hell can i call koodo if i have no phone service??
i tried to reply to your last comment but it wouldnt work. maybe im blocked
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Nancy Zboya wrote:

Sinned 15 minutes ago It's unfortunate but it happens. Not much more we can do. You can also giv...

I'm guessing you would have to borrow a phone from a friend
I'm having this issue right now and I have no idea how to fix it...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
April Peace Kent wrote:

Have you tried the suggestions mentioned above? If so it might be a sim card issue. If it is not, then you will have to call Koodo tech support
Userlevel 2
April Peace Kent wrote:

Do a battery pull first, see if that fixes it.