Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I want my son to pay his own bill!

i have been paying my son's cell phone bill and have it linked to my account payment details. How do I change it so that he now has the responsibility to pay the bill himself.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Jacquie, What you're referring to is a transfer of ownership. If your son is of age of majority (19 or 18 depending on province) or older then you could go to the nearest Koodo kiosk and explain you're wanting to do a transfer of ownership, and be sure to have the following items as they will do a credit check for your son. Also when doing a transfer of ownership it costs $25 to do so. http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-started-with-koodo/before-you-purchase/do-you-perform-a-credit-check Hope that helps answer your question 🙂
Hi Daniel...he is the owner but I put my payment info in to pay his bill. I am the account manager in Koodo terms. I just can't seen to take off my VISA as it then wants chequing account info. I just want him to take his bill...he is 19.
Userlevel 7
Jacquie O'Farrell wrote:

Hi Daniel...he is the owner but I put my payment info in to pay his bill. I am the account manag...

So if I'm reading this correctly, he is the account holder, and you're an authorized user on the account? If you're wanting to change the credit card that is applied to the account for pre authorized payments then you have to contact customer service if it is not allowing you to change it online. You can dial *611 from your cell phone (free call) and press 0 a few times to speak with a rep. Their hours of operation are as follows:

Hours of Operation

Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 7pm
Sunday: 9am - 7pm

Now hopefully that helps 🙂