Koodo Community

I think Somebody messing around sending my number to a business dash cam installer

Can you track down whose behind of sending my phone number that i been stalling a dash cam or have business for installing dash cam. Every day o got a call for everyone who wants to install dash cam on their car. They giving me a headache. Please let me know how can we fix this problem cause totally they disturb me most of the time at my work and I'm don't install dash cam.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's not really something a telecom can do. You can perhaps attempt to look up where it's listed and get it taken down, but that's not under Koodo's purview as it's not Koodo listing it.

Can you suggest any idea how can i stop this wrong caller about installing dash cam. It's already annoying. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sadly, if your number got spoofed or given out as someone's else's, there isn't much that can be done. You could change your number, hope for it to pass, set up call control or, if it involves criminal activities, contact the police.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it's a robo-call postpaid customers can add the free call control add on. It isn't available if you're on prepaid though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you track down whose behind of sending my phone number that i been stalling a dash cam or have business for installing dash cam. Every day o got a call for everyone who wants to install dash cam on their car. They giving me a headache. Please let me know how can we fix this problem cause totally they disturb me most of the time at my work and I'm don't install dash cam.

Unfortunately, this is not something Koodo can assist, as others are spoofing your number to make unsolicited calls. Please follow Timo’s and Sophia’s advice to enable the Call Control feature or to change your number. 

You should also contact the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre and let them know about these incidents. You can either report them online or give them a phone call at 1-888-495-8501. That way, an investigation could be made. https://antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/report-signalez-eng.htm

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Next time someone calls you can ask where they got the number from, a business name maybe and you can see if you can Google it and contact the business.

Might be as simple as that they may have put an ad up with the wrong number?