Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I received a text about a second phone/line on my account. I would like to know how I go about that and the cost of doing so

Second line/phone

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can visit any Koodo booth to get set up for a second line.
was hoping to do it online 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colleen Melanson wrote:

You can order the phone thru the webstore. Pick up a sim at koodo store than activate it on ur account. But there's a credit check everytkme u add a phone. So going to a booth is the best with 2 pieces of ID
Colleen Melanson wrote:

Yeah no booth here. I was accepted online but picked up my phone at Walmart. Woman we talked to today didn't have a clue
Userlevel 6
Colleen Melanson wrote:

Hey guys! Just to confirm, when you order a phone online the SIM card already comes with it. Also, if you're adding the line on an existing account no other credit check is done- just make sure that you have no past due amount.  If you are adding it on a different account, then a credit check is done. If you received a text saying that you're eligible for another line, you simply need to proceed with an upgrade - the lady at the kiosk will see on your account that you are eligible for another phone, and the online system will let you add another line. Let us know if you need more information 🙂!
Colleen Melanson wrote:

Could someone contact me and explain how to do it online? I can't seem to figure it out.
Userlevel 6
Colleen Melanson wrote:

You would need to log into your self-serve account first.  From your self-serve account, you can look at the phones (click on the Shop tab -> Phones) and select a phone to add to your cart.  From there, there will be detailed steps and explanations on what you need to do, which include choosing the number and rate plan and the final details of your order. Once your order is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. We have a FAQ page about online orders that you can take a look at here -> http://koo.do/1lmWnD0. Hope this helps 🙂
Colleen Melanson wrote:

Yeah maybe they took back the second line cause all I get is the option to buy the phone I am wanting to replace the one I have but will try again
Userlevel 6
Colleen Melanson wrote:

From what I can see on your account, you are eligible for that second line.  You can always contact our webstore directly (koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com) if you need help with an online order. Thanks 🙂
Colleen Melanson wrote:

I was keen on adding a second line and followed the instructions on the promo txt that was sent to me. I found that I couldn't add a second line via the koodo webservice. So I'm going to the store. Koodo shouldn't promote in a way that the customer can't follow. PS. I was on hold to customer services for 1hr20mins ans still didn't get through! Very pissed off!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Colleen Melanson wrote:

Care to quote the text here?