Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I received a phone without making the request, no charged. A gift?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Akkina,

How did you receive the phone? Did you recently speak with a representative about issues with your old phone? Did you order one with a new tab by any chance? There is an extremely slim chance you just got a phone send to your house free of charge, especially if you have no idea where it's from.
Last representative I speak with was maybe 2 years ago... I didn't place any order. But thanks Koodo 😉
Userlevel 3
Akkina wrote:

Last representative I speak with was maybe 2 years ago... I didn't place any order. But thanks Ko...

Enjoy it dude, just make sure they don't come after you collecting on something you shouldn't have gotten. What phone was it? A 2 year old phone?
Userlevel 7
Legally speaking then, the phone isn't yours and you should return it. If you don't, Koodo has the right to sue you for the cost of it. They will find out when they do an audit. I'd call them and let them know about their mistake
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Legally speaking then, the phone isn't yours and you should return it. If you don't, Koodo has th...

Legally speaking, in Canada, if it was addressed to Akkina, it is (now) a.gift. While Akkina can offer to return it (and has through this forum) there is no obligation to do so.

Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Legally speaking then, the phone isn't yours and you should return it. If you don't, Koodo has th...

I know what I'm talking about. And she has not yet offered to return it. But I hope after Koodo see's this, they pursue it. 🙂
Badge +4
Since this is an error on the part of Koodo, they have zero grounds to sue for the cost of the phone. Yes, the Good Samaritan thing to do would be to return the device. However, Akkina is under no legal obligation to do so until Koodo formally admits to the error and requests in writing that Akkina return the phone. Until that request is received, the phone is a.gift.
Userlevel 6
Hi Akkina, the best will be to send us an email using this link: http://koo.do/11eMLdy. If you can attach a scan of any letter coming with the phone, that will be great 🙂 Thank you very much!