Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I plan to change my number. Do i need a new sim card for that or can i still use the old sim card i have?

Title says it all. I have an iPhone 5s with the current number and sim card on it. Do I need a new sim card when changing to a different number or can I keep my current sim card and just change my number in the koodo website?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Hi Jynn, you can keep your sim card and change your number no problem and your right you can change your number right through your self serve account. Hope this helps 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The SIM card can stay with the phone permanently. As long as your number change is within your current province, then it's fine on self-serve. If you are moving to a different province, there may be different plans applicable there, and you may eventually have to call in to switch your plan and billing address.
BobTheElectrician wrote:

The SIM card can stay with the phone permanently. As long as your number change is within your cu...

No. All that can be done on Self-Serve:
Unless your current number is from MB/SK/QC, you can change your number to any province/city using Self-Serve. Self-Serve shows plans based on your phone area code. Billing address can be changed using Self-Serve.