Koodo Community

I need to talk to a HUMAN

• 29 August 2020
  • 14 replies

What has happened to Koodo? What a mess. Left them 2 yrs ago and it’s a trainwreck now.

I need to speak to a human. How do you get through?

I switched to them (seriously reconsidering that) and activated the sim card today. Have had nothing but problems since.

Took nearly 4 hours to port my number. Says it’s completed. Never received a confirmation text.

I can’t enable Wifi Calling because it won’t recognize my phone number.

I am thisclose to cancelling the whole account because I have had enough.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone are you using? Is your phone compatible with VoWifi? I would suggest you try to reset network settings of the phone and see if that helps.

There were few reports about wifi-calling activation issue with ISP DNS. Someone mentioned they had to change the DNS of their router to Google DNS (8.8.8.8) to make this work. I would suggest you try it and see it can do anything.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. Had no problems using wifi calling with another provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. Had no problems using wifi calling with another provider.

Wifi calling for Android device is a mess.

Was your device from Koodo? If the device was from another carrier, it could be the problem. You would need to change   the CSC code in the settings set to “KDO” first.

As I mentioned before, check the router settings. It could be the culprit.

No, originally i got the phone from Virgin. 

So what happens is when I enable wifi calling and get to the enter your koodo phone number and we’ll send you a code screen, it says the phone number is not associated with the account.

“The number entered doesn’t match our records.”

But I logged into self serve, and my number is listed correctly in my account (the number i just ported over). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, originally i got the phone from Virgin. 

So what happens is when I enable wifi calling and get to the enter your koodo phone number and we’ll send you a code screen, it says the phone number is not associated with the account. But I logged into self serve, and my number is listed correctly in my account (the number i just ported over). 

I don’t know. However, you could try to activate it later in the day to make sure there wasn’t any issue with their server. And check your internet setting at your end also. (I saw many had issue with DNS of their internet router).

And officially, Koodo doesn’t provide wifi calling support for non-koodo phone.

But the problem isn’t the phone, I don’t think. Seems to be on their end. Like my account is still listed somewhere under the random phone number they gave me originally.

The bottom line is if wifi calling won’t work, I’m gone. I’m in the boonies and it’s necessary.

I have exactly the same problem, can't recognize this phone number in our records. Was previously with Freedom Mobile. Phone is S20 5g unlocked. 

Sorry to hear, Jokesy. It’s a real pain. If you ever get it fixed, post about it

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

But the problem isn’t the phone, I don’t think. Seems to be on their end. Like my account is still listed somewhere under the random phone number they gave me originally.

The bottom line is if wifi calling won’t work, I’m gone. I’m in the boonies and it’s necessary.

You could try to contact Koodo directly and ask a tech to check. Go to www.koodo.com/chat, enter your number when asked. After that, type “#socialtech” - that would help to make the option for callback showing up earlier. Another way to is to chat with a rep via facebook https://www.facebook.com/Koodo/twitter.

Every time I called them, it hung up after 5 mins or so and texted me the stupid bot link. Completely infuriating. Does anyone ever get a human??

The bot is obnoxious. They need to lose the gifs. 

Ty.

I tried it now (9:06 PM) and it WORKED! I didn’t do/change anything.

Still, Koodo dropped the ball. Shouldn’t take till 9 to get my ported number in their system correctly (about 6 hours after it was “successfully” ported).

Thanks, helpful people.

@Splum .Just tried again and it worked great this time. Ported my number successfully since last night so definitely not the best first experience. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Glad that it worked out for both of you. The problem was from their server then.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Jokesy Based on what we are seeing on your account the port-release seemed to have been delayed from Freedom.  There has bee no reason given so I can’t provide more details unfortunately.  Koodo Assist is able to answer lots of questions however when it can’t it can set up a call back for you. This way you never have to stay on hold and listen to music you may not be a big fan of. :-)  I see your online account is fully set up so everything should run smooth from here on.