Koodo Community

Community

Solved

I need a data plan for a week.

I have a monthly payment plan currently.
I am going for a trip for a week and would like to have internet there.
I saw a prepaid plan that says like 1GB data for $30 so is this applicable for me as well? (again, i am using monthly payment)

If you have any better option for me, please tell. Thanks 🙂

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Depends where you're visiting. If you're going to the US, there are some roaming options available since it's for only a week. Add the package you want in Self Serve under add-ons, and also make sure you have international voice roaming enabled. An alternative is to unlock your phone (if necessary) and use a prepaid provider where you're going. This would likely be better value.
Jonathan I wrote:

Depends where you're visiting. If you're going to the US, there are some roaming options availabl...

oops i should've mentioned I am going to stay in north of Ontario near Algonquin provincial park. 
So again, I only need a data plan and 1gb for $30 on the prepaid plans on koodo web seems perfect for me, but do you think i can use it??

and wow that answer was really fast
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Depends where you're visiting. If you're going to the US, there are some roaming options availabl...

You can't buy a "Data booster".  It's works only for Prepaid plan.

What plan do you have? If you went over your data limit, then you just need to pay overage charges.
Jonathan I wrote:

oh so it is not gonna work that way.. I have 200min call unlimitted text message plan with no data. So I guess switch to another plan for a month will be the best shot for me right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

How much is your plan?
And what is your data overage rate?

Add:
Once you change your plan, you can't get your old plan back.
So, if you are good with 200 min with no data after the trip, then just pay the overage might be  better. It all depends on your usage.

You mentioned you want 1 GB of data.
They have a $40 plan with 500 MB, BUT data overage rate is $5/100 MB(crazy expensive IMO), So it will be $65 if you pay 500 MB overage.

Or $50 plan with 2 GB.

But, do you want/ need that much with the price after the trip?
Jonathan I wrote:

I have never used data before, so just wanted a sufficient amount. oh I think pay the overage sounds like an option too. I think I should read over the plans and decide what to do.
Thanks 🙂 Have a great day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

NP 🙂
And yes, check your data overage rate through self serve or your service agreement 🙂